Best Glue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcullen said:
I'm putting OURY grips on a build , what glue works best on chrome bars..........Tanks

I just use soapy water to slide them on and they stay.

I use rubber cement to glue on the ones that are loose.

Aqua net is the best! just ask any new schooler, they will tell you!

aquanet.jpg

scrumblero said:

aquanet.jpg
or old schooler....i did that on all my old bmx bikes and the last one i tried to get the grips off of i almost had to cut them off!(didnt though...windex sprayed in with a small flathead screw driver,twist,repeat, then give a hit with the blow gun and theyll pop right off)

sensor said:
scrumblero said:

aquanet.jpg
or old schooler....i did that on all my old bmx bikes and the last one i tried to get the grips off of i almost had to cut them off!(didnt though...windex sprayed in with a small flathead screw driver,twist,repeat, then give a hit with the blow gun and theyll pop right off)
some kid told me if you spray it on the outside the cold will make enough condensation against the warm bars you can twist em back off. haven't tried it yet tho...

I used a glue by Scott recently that my LBS had.

3/4 open end wrench against the grip and wack it with a hammer will remove them.

Dollar Store hairspray...

Word of warning from experience: Don't get busted using the wife's expensive brand name designer product if you can't find your can of the cheap stuff.

Hairspray, WD-40, Soapy Water, Alcohol, One loop of masking tape, A shim made of leftover beer cans. Light coat of spray paint. put a wine cork in the end or your bar (just a smidge bigger than your bar) whack the grip on with a mallet

All methods Ive used in the past

Well it's not glue, but if your looking for some solid adhesion, jb weld or deavcon epoxy

All I have ever used is alcohol. They slide right on and after it dries they will be firmly in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air compressor. Use a blower nozzle with a skinny tip, or better yet a sports ball inflator. Get the grip started on the bar, put the nozzle under the leading edge, and the cushion of air will allow you to slide the grip on easily. It's noisy but fast, and it will be locked on tight until you decide to remove them the same way.

I have eight bikes with Ourys, some with chrome. They are all tight as a drum.

Back