BenG from France

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
here it is then:
I am 38, I live in Northern France in a town called Lille, pretty close to the Belgian border.
About 5-6 year ago, I had the opportunity to ride a black Dyno Deuce and fell under the spell straight away! (At the time Dyno was still designed by A Bethlenfalvy). You could not see many such bikes in France at the time, still I started to look for one. Two years ago, after quite some efforts, I could get my hands on a Felt TLD cruiser in Belgium. Now there's a bunch of us in Lille who go on rides regularly and try to promote the "custom" culture. As far as I am concerned, I am getting fed up with my prebuilt Felt, of course it a nice bike, rides nicely too but I have now moved on to the stage where I would like to create my own project, more to my own "tastes" ie basic but nice and clean, rat rod style, which is why I bought the Schwinn DX B6 Hornet frame (actually I was more after a pre-war "C" model or a JC Higgins frame but I did not win any of these sales).
Edit: Got a JC Higgins frame off ebay and this has become my first project, posted here
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6650
And as this one is almost finished, I am going to work on my Schwinn project again, will keep you updated

Hi Ben.

I remember when you first posted your JC Higgins. It is a beautiful bike-very smooth, with nice colors and a little bit of attitude. I bet the bike was well received in Lille.

Be sure and post your work on the Schwinn in the build section of RRB. A lot of us would like to see it. And I'm sure most of the regulars here would like to see some ride pics too.

HELLO&WELCOME! 8)
L8 EM

Latest posts

Back