Below Radar, 8/6 Finished Pictures.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Below Radar

Thanks to everyone for the comments! Hopefully this thing can live up to the hype. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow, i now have the frame in my possession. I'm still in need of a lot of parts but i did snag up a set of 3 speed wheels for a sweet price, just waiting impatiently for them to ship. Until pictures are available i will be maintaining radio silence comrades.

Yep!Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

Because you have a Spaceliner and a wicked theme, you get my daily back page bump.
What's new with your build???
Let's see a MIG ALLEY progress report.

Nothing to see unfortunately, i think every day off i have a had in the last 3 weeks i have had something planned out already. I did get my 3 speed wheel set and tires, i think i will start by painting those, i got a few other parts too. I also have a stripped out screw holding the tank on and no tap to get it out! I promise next month i will be cracking into this thing, err, this month seeing that it is the first.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Re: Below Radar, progress finally! 7/19

Wow if i had seen those bunnies i would have gotten an update sooner! Not too much to report on, got the frame stripped for the most part but the tank will need much more love, the batteries took their toll on the metal once they exploded. Not the best image, sorry.

Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr
A few of the items going on to this build, oh yes, a banana seat. And i'm not sure what that was but it is now on its way to be my bash guard.

More to come!

Re: Below Radar, progress finally! 7/19

Awesome! Glad to see another Spaceliner back in the game!

Re: Below Radar paint and vinyl stripes 7/23

The frame is now in primer which is also its final coat, i put it side by side with the headlight bezel all repaired and dressed in commie red, the color contrast is awesome, but the picture does it little justice. I may run by radio shack and show y'all what i have planned to fix up the holes in the tank. The parts dump is on Wednesday, i got some sweet grips and the forks i really wanted, until then comrades!

Before (boring)

After (yes!) Not bad for $3 Autozone vinyl pinstripes.

Re: Below Radar paint and vinyl stripes 7/23

Nice intake!!!!

GABTW-PEACE!

Re: Below Radar, parts drop 7/26

Here's a little image of what the batteries did to the tank, you'll see what i had to do with a dremel to remove one the the screws, it was fused to the tank.

Here's what i had to do

One more of the finished tank

And my stem

I thought these may be fun

And here's what else came in the mail

I scored those grips for $15 on amazon through the bike world usa store front. The only other place i saw them was speedway motors for $24 and they were out of stock. I wanted to mock this thing up but i don't think it's going to happen, by the time all the paint dries it will be down to the wire.

Nice work!
I want those grips!!!!
The bullet holes work with your theme.
Don't forget about some way of marking you kills.

KW172016-1.jpg

kingfish254 said:
I want those grips!!!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077Q ... 01_s00_i00 Get 'em right there, if you hurry you could probably get them before the 6th. I also thought about these
1902_silver_01.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Nirve-Diamond-Cut-Bicycle-Handlebar-Silver/dp/B000QFOMAS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=IA3640KNYTGJV&colid=2NUM23TKHG1OJ

Re: Below Radar, handlebars found 7/28

That grey and orange is tight. You sir are a Tuff Bike nominee! Good luck! Peace

Man, I am digging this bike.

If you can't get the seat clamp right, maybe you should buy that used atheltic cup for pretection. :p

Re: Below Radar, mock up and new handlebars, again 8/2

Hopefully i won't make anyone nauseous with this re-orientated photo but i had to buy some new bars. Silly me didn't know that bmx bikes use an undersized clamp area, my straight bars are 1 inch and the Ross stem is 7/8. Something had to give either the bars or stem, after buying another stem only to get the same result i ended up with some $40 aluminum race bars :shock: . This is the price i pay for last minute assembly, though cheaper than going for a thread-less adapter and new stem. All in all i think they are growing on me and they took to paint well.

Jake Sensi said:
That grey and orange is tight. You sir are a Tuff Bike nominee! Good luck! Peace

You're not color blind, my phone is, that's actually red. Do i still qualify? Not really what i set out to do intentionally but you're right this thing is looking pretty tough, that build off trophy may be out of reach but just maybe i can win the Tuff Bike prize! Unless it's a used athletic cup... :lol:

Re: Below Radar- Bontrager SR1's 8/3

We're in the home stretch, here's some pics of assembly, i stole the cranks and all the bearings from an old lady, '73 Schwinn Suburban.

Old kick stand i had laying around, little paint and a little red plasti-dip i found in the garage.

I saw these hanging up at the bike shop and i had to have them. Bontrager SR-1's, 26 x 1.5, they look the part for a jet inspired bike and are something different than the usual balloon or fat tires.

Back