bells?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have one from Germany that looks the same. I am happy with mine mounted on a chrome rat trap Spaceliner.It is a small challange to install, and it is not loud. For example- go to youtube and enter "radlaufglocke"

clamdigger said:
Yes, I have one from Germany that looks the same. I am happy with mine mounted on a chrome rat trap Spaceliner.It is a small challange to install, and it is not loud. For example- go to youtube and enter "radlaufglocke"

Thanks for the video example! It's unique, but I think I like traditional bells better.

I saw Clamdigger's and had to get one. I bought mine at Walmart.com and installed it on my Frankenbike. The left shifter activates it.
fb43.jpg

fb19.jpg

It took a bit of tinkering, and the hardware was pretty cheesy, but all in all I'm satisfied

I have a large Bee brand spinning bell and I've thought about mounting it remotely with a trigger on the handlebar. Has anyone done that other than this wheel bell? I've seen people mount their bell other places but usually requiring you to take your hands off the grips. Usually when I need to ring the bell I need to keep my hands on the handlebars.

Cool. I was at work so I wasn't able to search on there. That would be fun on the bike path. Although we have police on bikes at the beach and they might not like it.

Those sirens are cool! :D My bicycle collecting has morphed into collecting bike bells... I need to post some pics/vids of some of them.
And I think I want a siren now... LoL!

Here's another vid I found that I made a couple months ago. These actually sound much clearer in person... and the video was rotated 1/4 turn on my computer... I dunno why photobucket changed it... anywho...

Back