Behind Bars inc?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone bought their products? Mainly the shifters and double wide hoop wheels for $75

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I have not bought from them, but I know them. They are legit. They do the Shiny Side Up bike show in San Jose.

The shifters are not theirs - and they are transparent about this - they just package it. They are the Project 346. Great shifters from what I hear, and the finish is good too. They come with the 8-ball on top, but you can unscrew that and put anything else on there as long as it is threaded to a valve stem cap.

The rims look good - actually, they look just like the ones at ChoppersUS - because I think that's what they are. Again, they are not making this stuff, just selling it.

In general, they have a good rep, I would have no problem buying from them.

For what it's worth. The rims from BBI are made by Robsson out of Germany. They are mostly single wall hoops, unless stated otherwise. The rims sold by Cyclesus are made by Weinmann from china and are all double wall. I don't have any experience with the Robsson's but they look pretty nice. I have some of the Weinmann rims in 65mm and I love them. The quality is good. Hope that makes things more confusing for ya. :D

Thanks....yah I figured they didn't manufacture them but was curious to the quality because of my budget their prices are attractive....appreciate the input

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Back