Beatnik

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in. No pics yet. I was anticipating a start of the BO3 in August or September so I'm bumping up the schedule a bit. I'm going to be in SoCal next week and picking up a frame while there. A basic 26" cantilever.
I chose a Beatnik theme. I see a lot of that influence here. Later. Thanks!!!

Did somebody mention my name?........oh..thats the title, :mrgreen:

Oh yes! There are still plenty of cute girls in Alabama. The trick is to pry them away from their cell phones long enough to drum up a conversation with them. Peace. Thanks!!!

I finally have my frame. Just a basic 26" cantilever with balloon rear stays.

beatnikframe.jpg

I was fresh out of old frames, so I'm starting from new. I'm thinking about making a tank for it. It also has a short head tube that will be a bit of an engineering challenge for the fork that I'm using but shouldn't present any major problems. Haven't decided on hubs yet. Still thinking about color choices. But it will be fun as allways. Good luck to all in the buildoff. Thanks!!!

Here is a pic of an early mock of the Beatnik.

beatnikmock1.jpg

Found a fork that will work on a $25 bike that was bought at a place that sells salvage merchandise. The $25 bike even has some more cool parts on it that can be used. Thanks!!!

Looks good and with a name like Beatnik it's gotta be cool. Wheres the bongos? :lol:

That bike reminds me of "Maynard G Krebs" form the Dobie Gillis show! :D

Does anyone remember the Beverly Hillbillies episode with the beatniks? They were all excited because Jed (Big Daddy) was gonna get them some 'lettuce' (money). I like dig the beatnik theme idea. Can't wait to see it 'On The Road'
ontheroad.jpg

I don't remember the Dobie Gillis show probably because we only had two TV stations or it might have been before my time. That On the Road book is cool. Bet it's a collectors item? I never got in to listening to bongo music. It was kinda boring to me unless your playing them which is cool. What I really liked and still do to this day was the Big Band Jazz from that era and before. Something about a five part saxophone ensemble playing eight to the bar, will stir a soul.

Been working on the Beatnik. Hope to have some more pics soon. I know I'm getting my doors blowed in the buildoff as usual. So many cool bikes and idea's in this one. Lot's of luck to everyone. Thanks!!!

in the end no one will get their doors blowed in. everything i have seen so far is awsome, everybody has done a great job and yours is as good as any.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Been held up on painting by hot humid weather here. I was able to get the paint presentable but still hazed over a little. Have to go with base color only (Rusto black) as it's too humid for clear coat right now.

beatnikframe1.jpg

beatnikframe2.jpg

Still working on a couple of ideas for the rear hub. Working on a homemade tank. If I can get through the paint part, everything else will hopefully start to fall into place. Everyone is doing a great job in the buildoff. Thanks!!!

Here is another mock-up pic. At this point the colors or hubs hadn't been decided on. I probably should have called this good and stopped here. But I kept hearing a voice off in the distance with bongo's in the background telling me to keep going?

beatnikwhite.jpg

Still havn't decided on everything yet, but the end of the RRBO3 is getting closer and I need to get decided soon. There has been some really neat stuff coming from you guys and there will be lots of cool bikes when this is over! Good luck!!! L8TR Alligators! Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back