beater schwinn build (almost done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this beater schwinn off craigs list it was alot more beat then i thought it was. i'm going on a ride sunday and needed a bike for my girl to ride for the day so i got this one it was cheap. she is to short to ride it the way it was so i cut the frame were the seat post gos in. i want to put a cheap springer on it a tank on it, i see the tanks go for around $45. i'm just doing very little before the ride. i want to cut the rear frame to lower it an inch or two. here it is so far
BEATERSCHWINN.jpg

BEATERSCHWINN2.jpg

3k33m13o612813814b918a25c2f5ba59e15.jpg

here is the bike after i worked alittle on it
SCHWINN.jpg

here it is after alot of work
schwinn7-1.jpg

schwinn5-1.jpg

schwinn6-1.jpg

here it is with the new chrome rims
SCHWINN9.jpg

CHROMESCHWINN2.jpg

so i rode the bike for the first time and found out the forks i had on there really didn't work so i had to put the bent ones back on and took this pic of it. i think it looks to much like a lowrider bike with those rims, but it rides so nice with the new cranks, sproket and rims and tires. i think this bike will get sold soon to build my girl a better bike.
schwinn10.jpg

Re: beater schwinn build

so far i cut the frame and painted it black. i plan on doing a lot on t his bike but i need to finish my hawthorne first but here it is so far.
SCHWINN.jpg

the seat doesn't really move but i'm going to weid it i can still ride it like that i'm not very tall and i'm going to put a springer on it and go from there

i've cut the top off a few cruisers to lower the ride along with raking it. i take the stock seat post clamp and stretch it enough to go on the down tube and bend it back with channel locks it has worked every time i've done it. i'm going to put a 24 in the rear and a 26 in the front with a springer and a repop tank and do a nice paint job and call it good. but i'm sure i wont stop there.

nice lookin bike for your lady smut! would you be interested in gettin rid of the straight fork?! :D :D

Easy E

you don't want these forks trust me. from what i can tell the guy i got this bike from ran it into the back of something at a high rate of speed and bent the rim and front forks. i put them in a press and then a vice and they work for now but not so straight thats why i'm putting a springer on it since they are around 40 bucks.

well crappola! im wantin to make a 26inch BMX bike and i need a fork like that but dont wanna have to buy a NOS one! i hate being cheap and broke! thanks anyways smut

Easy E

Re: beater schwinn build (some new pics)

so here it is so far nirve forks nirve seat different rims and a few odds and ends and i'm going to put a springer forks on it and chrome rims but i had these parts off my dyno that i don't ride any more and the longer my brother takes to get the dyno the less parts he will get.
schwinn7-1.jpg

schwinn6-1.jpg

schwinn5-1.jpg

so i linked the chain to fit and rode it around, don't like the forks on it. i'm going to the vintage bicycle swap meet to look for a springer fork and a tank for it. chrome rims will be coming soon as well.

Got some new chrome rims for the schwinn. they are 68 spoke wheels looks a little to lowrider for me but they are a lot nicer then what i had on there before. I also just got some monark forks off ebay and may put them on this schwinn, and i think i'm going to put my old dyno tires on here as well. so far the bike is not looking like what i wanted.
SCHWINN9.jpg

CHROMESCHWINN.jpg

CHROMESCHWINN2.jpg

Re: beater schwinn build (some new pics) update

schwinn10.jpg
i hate this bike at the same time loving it. its not the style i like but it rides very nice so much more then i hawthorne

Back