Beasts Are Almost Sold Out

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at Walmart.com. The red and green beasts are all sold out. I just ordered a blue one. I figure ill keep it in the box until I figure out what I want to do with it.

If any of you guys are thinking about getting one, now may be the time.

That happened last spring so I ordered 2 blues thinking it was a one time deal. Then a month later they restocked in a big way. So who knows.

Oh yeah, I'd take it out asap and inspect it for damage. That way you can return or exchange it within the 30 day wallyworld return policy. Look for bent bb axles, broken rear hub driver, bent fork (hard to detect unless you ride it) or just too many scratches and dents.

I was quick to jump on the beast bandwagon.....after having it for under a year...I'm shopping for a better bike....I'm undecided between a Sun Spider or an Origin8...

I figure by the time I spend the $$ to make it a nice riding bike (it's already fun)...I could have been into a much nicer one for cheaper....I hope to put mine on Craigslist here pretty soon.

I was quick to jump on the beast bandwagon.....after having it for under a year...I'm shopping for a better bike....I'm undecided between a Sun Spider or an Origin8...

I figure by the time I spend the $$ to make it a nice riding bike (it's already fun)...I could have been into a much nicer one for cheaper....I hope to put mine on Craigslist here pretty soon.
beast_gateway_fatbike.jpg

They've sold out before and got them back in. I'd wait until they pull them off the site to get scared about not getting one ... then just check craigslist. Factory direct store has them around $125-148 for all the scratched / dented and torn box bikes. I dont know where the other distributors for Pacific are, but theres one 2 hours from me.

Ive wanted another for a while now anyway. Im having so much fun with the one I already have that I want to build one thats rigid. Seeing 2 colors sold out, got me to jump.

I was thinking about getting one of the bikes direct fat bikes, but the build is alot of the fun for me! I would rather have more money in a beast, and have the fun of building it.

Ive been looking closely at the Bikes Direct bikes as well.....I want to get my hands on one before I buy...

I'm most cautious about the ability (or lack thereof) to return it if its shipped defective/destroyed, breaks, etc....

and yes....the Beast is a gateway bike.

I emailed Walmart.com to ask if they were just out of stock or being discontinued. I got this reply:

The item you’ve requested is currently out of stock. Unfortunately, we are unable to estimate when this item will be back in stock. Please visit the site periodically to see if an item is back in stock.Some items display an "email me when available" button.If available, please use this feature to be notified when an item if back in stock.

You can also visit your local Walmart store to see if they have the item in stock.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546.

Sincerely,

Walmart.com Customer Care

We should have bought stock in the word "stock"!

You make it it sound like it was a computer generated response, echoing key words in my question.

Da debil will replenish the stock to continue to try and leave the mark of the Beast 666 on the bike world.

Okay. Who is going to be first to paint their Beast in the motif of el Diablo?

Okay. Who is going to be first to paint their Beast in the motif of el Diablo?

You mean like a fighting chicken...with the claws and the beak...thats awesome man. Shake and Bake

I'm planning on cutting apart the one I have coming and building something along these lines:

image_zpsdea2e796.jpg

image_zps20d16dd6.jpg

Curvy tubes, super short chain stays, and a slack head tube!

Last edited:

I thought about buying one of these Beasts, but after test riding a Surly at the LBS I skipped right to ordering a Pugsley. No regrets, though I have still considered buying a Mongoose just to have a set of summer tires...

The new Rumor on MTBR is that in the next few weeks Walmart will have a fat bike with disc brakes, gears, and MTB geometry.

Should be interesting.....

I saw on Ebay where someone picked up a Surley Pugsley for only $640 shipped.

Back