BDC 📸 Journal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cover2.jpg

I enjoyed keeping a record in the Build Off so here are some images from around my part of Brisbane with some bike notes.

Monday morning here in and I'm just going through the previous weeks 🚲📸.

Sunday I rode the French one to the Markets at Manly to get yummy dog treats.

1b.jpg

Manly forshore. The crane is a new school building.

3b.jpg

The markets were busy, but I wheeled it through and secured the loot.

4a.jpg

Stopped at the favourite on the return leg.

6.jpg

The radio control yacht racers have a recording/loop of a calm voice playing on their PA: 'No barging or running the line'. I think I want that on a sticker.

1a.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

This is underwater on a king tide.

9.jpg

The loot:
10.jpg

The Payoff:
11.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday, I re-fitted the light bars to the Boss. As it warms up I ride more at night and these are work lights for a 4x4 that run off a rechargeable 12v battery behind the race plate. High beams only.
Grassland, hard pack or tarmac doesn't make much difference to the Boss.

16.jpg

It can carry 2 dozen beers, three bottles or wine or mixers, a bag of ice and two large pizzas.

14.jpg

12.jpg

SE Back in the shed.

I broke a pedal coming home on the Big Ripper the other day. Gave it a stomp on the last little climb and **crack snap**. It was a Rock Bros lightweight MTB and it failed the BMX test badly.

The stock SE pedals are back on now. No plans to change 'em again - they are plenty good enough for this build.

1.jpg

Tonights report sound track.

33.jpg

Wheels on fire.

29.jpg

I ordered a Brooks C19 replacement for another build and I was sent a C19 Carved in error - which I was going to return - until I put it on the Big Ripper. Comfortable and looks the part.

I did a hilly ride in a stiff easterly this afternoon so I stood up a lot anyway. But was good fun.

Looks cleaner without all the stickers.

27.jpg

28.jpg

And I'm a sticker guy.
Been getting the Pug ready for tomorrow's usual 20km ride for the dog treats.The frame bag will do the job and carry my phone too.
31.jpg

Very pleasant run. The Markets and around the boat harbour foreshore were busy-as.

The reason for the ride is this stall and the wise lady who runs it. They all be doggo treats.

IMG_8759.jpg

Detour to the bridge.

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg

I did underestimate how bulky the loot was. Phone had to come home in a pocket - but all good. Happy dawgs.

Last edited:
First decent ride of the Spring. Big Ripper around the bayside. Early Saturday Afternoon. Weather, Perfect. Phone camera shots.

Manly town centre near the Boat Harbour:
IMG_8810.jpg

There are some nice Seafood Restaurants here and the Pub and bars were quite busy.

IMG_8817.jpg

This is where the Markets will be tomorrow.

IMG_8819.jpg

Low tide isn't as nice as high, but it means that there are far fewer folks on the shared paths - onwards!

IMG_8821.jpg

At the end of the Esplanade
IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8834.jpg

Wynnum Jetty

IMG_8845.jpg

Yoofs on BMX's stunting and shooting video by the Wynnum Wading Pool

IMG_8849.jpg

I stopped for a Picnic in a quiet grove.

IMG_8862.jpg

IMG_8860.jpg

And then rode out to the point on the other side of the Boat Harbour and the Doggo beach.

IMG_8869.jpg

25km all up. Will probably do it again on the other BMX and go to the Markets tomorrow.

Took the 'Boss' to the markets today and then did some hard-pack around the front of the Boat Harbour.

Stiff Nor-Easterly blowing off the bay and it's good in the wind. It's heavy but the gear ratios are wide enough to maintain momentum.

Behind the Dog Treats stall - loot secured.

IMG_8889.jpg

Then out to the point.

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

Latest posts

Back