Basman 346 Build in NoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a Basman 346 frame set and am looking for help in locating parts for my build. This is my first build so please forgive the "newbie" questions. The first issue that I have run into is I am looking for a "Schwinn Style" chrome springer fork set to fit a 1-1/8" threadless headset. I have found threaded styles, can I use a threaded one? Again my apologies for what may be a "newbie" question. Thanks!

Hey I found some of the 1 1/8 for sale on ebay. I just used that same fork on my last build. I got it from Chopperus but he's out the last time I checked. Check ebay for sure.

DSC02173.jpg

Try My bro Sic Nick @ local cycles he has a pair of baseman triple clamp forks one chrome one black. he will actually be in amsterdam this week & probably will be riding with the 346 crew and assorted bike Guerillas lol! he stocks all 346 baseman parts and frames if you doesn't have it he usually can get it! LOCAL CYCLES Long Beach NY [email protected]

[quote="Jeff in NoCal" I have found threaded styles, can I use a threaded one? Again my apologies for what may be a "newbie" question. Thanks![/quote]
I'm *pretty* sure if you want to use a threaded style springer it has to have a threaded gooseneck. Don't quote me on it, I've never used threadless...

Thanks for the info. Question, what would stop me from purchasing a threaded headset and just not use the threadless that came with the bike?

Back