BARN STORMIN' dirt tracker[ y'all keep yer boards] NEW MODS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BARN STORMIN' dirt tracker[ y'all keep yer boards]

it looks like a vintage hill climber :)
hdhillclimber.jpg

funny thing about that seat. Brooks is coming out with a seat with "comfort cutouts".

That seat has seen better days, but now it has many more to see.

Since Monday was a day off, I decided to add a little to my "Barn Fresh" Dirt Tracker here it is :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IMG_1388c2.jpg

IMG_1390c2.jpg

IMG_1392c2.jpg

IMG_1391c2.jpg

Hope this doesn't hurt yur feelins, but I think I liked it better before! But I will say that I'm def. glad it's NOT in the build-off. I woulda had to concede before I even got started!!!!

:roll: :cry: :oops: :wink: Please feel free to dismiss with a grin, but I agree with boneshaker.....the old gooseneck and no-fender look was more pure, old school, and just no-bones BAD BUTT( thanks to the language sensor :mrgreen: )!!!!! The new neck adds to the BMX feel and makes the modern bars more noticeable....disjointed with the "old school" vibe. Fenders soften and distract from the seriousness of those "monster" knobbies.

Just be glad you are not a painter, a la Picasso. You can undo these changes if YOU want to :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A fantastic build either way....thanks for sharing!

No problem with feed back here, Thats why I post my sculpt...er builds on here. To get feed back, like most builders some time you just don't know when to stop.. so the question is first pics or second pics???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea:

Oh MAN! IF you are open to the vibe....PLEASE change it back to the first version!!! The simplicity of execution, the purity of attitude....you NAILED the SCULPTURE in "one shot". No BS, those first posts were just straight forward "RAT".... but somehow captured both "boardtracker" and "klunker" juices that seem to be stimulating these days.

Hey...sometimes you just get it PERFECT the first time 'round :roll: :mrgreen: .....and that sucks :wink: :!: :!:

johnraddar said:
I agree. nailed it on first try. I dig the chainwheel and knobby rear, may I ask where you obtained it.
The rear tire I got while wondering through a bike shop that was mostly mountain and road bikes while wondering around a mechanic just switched out rear tires on his down hill bike and threw it in the $10 box and before it stopped bouncing I grab it! and thought "HOly Cow I can build something with this so I looked in the box again and found the front tire. So both tires were $20. The sprocket I cant remember were I got it. It is actually new I painted it rusty looking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's an inspirational photo i found on GETTY IMAGES
baloontirejump.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Back