Barn (s) find explosion in Tennessee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very old Rollfast, tank, skiptooth, 20" bike. Ball bearing headbadge.

ysa3ata2.jpg

utupeger.jpg

are4eveg.jpg

1918 Ranger

Piles of cranks, skiptooth chain rings, handle bars, springer seats, forks, head sets,

The 54 Schwinn Panther??
uqy2apa9.jpg

myva5yze.jpg

nuby5egy.jpg

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
jaydub said:
Post a picture of that bicycle rack..Did you make that up..?
Yep built couple weeks ago. I call it "THE BEAST"

It's built out of all 1/4" steel tubing and plates. Hinges at top and bottom. Bottom hinges over to access tailgate if needed. I use chain links for my dividers. The Links give me something to tie off and hook my bungy chords to.

It will carry 7 bikes.

Load capacity: 700 lbs ??

I needed a carrier that would carry the old heavy bikes. Heaviest I found that you could buy had a 240 lb capacity. Too light for my dealings.

I use a 3" wide gum rubber for my pads.

yragy3uq.jpg

eraqaje4.jpg

neja6ega.jpg

8a5y6u6e.jpg

u4ytypy4.jpg

3a8ybazu.jpg

hy2eduha.jpg

vaquvaja.jpg

1918 Ranger
Also pins and hinge bolts are 7/8". I added a hitch lock to the bottom quick release pin instead of a pin with a hair pin. Did that for fear of a vandal pulling the pin and dropping the carrier on a car hood parked behind me or to pull hair pin and have it where it falls out in transit and the carrier falling down. Loaded or unloaded would not be good.

1918 Ranger

yze9evuv.jpg

This picture is so RAD!!!! awesome finds man!! 8)

Rockit! said:
It's a Hornet, the Panthers had chrome tanks I believe.

I wiould second that. The 20 inch with the All States tires is a Schwinn DX. Cool Bike and great finds. Matt

Back