Barn Fresh '53 Westfield Specieal De Luxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad gave me a tip about this antique store that was going out of business as the owner was retiring. He said there were a couple of bikes there as well. I picked up a blacked out bell. The bikes that were out were a Huffy Good Vibrations, crappy ladies Schwinn and a couple of rusty Raleigh Superbes. I asked the owner if he had any more bikes. He told me if I didn't mind questionable ladders that he had a small barn with some bikes in the loft. I love rickety ladders :D I climbed the ladder and there were a bunch of rusty bikes. Some were CCMs, there were also a few pre WWI police bikes that you needed to be over 6' to ride. Under a couple of big old rusty bikes and a blanket I saw a brass headbadge peering out. I yanked the other bikes out of the way and the blanket to find this beauty! I didn't care that it was a ladies bike either. Once I saw all the original paint and the atomic symbol on the tank I had to have it. I didn't let on how pumped I was about this bike. The license plate on it read Montreal Canada 1953. Paid the $140, lowered it down with a rope and made my way home. Opened the headlight and the original instructions for the light were still in it. The light and horn work. It has Goodyear All Weather G3s on it. I slapped some grips on it, and now the better half says it is hers! It rides amazing too :D

bikestuff346.jpg

bikestuff347.jpg

bikestuff348.jpg

bikestuff349.jpg

bikestuff350.jpg

bikestuff351.jpg

bikestuff352.jpg

bikestuff353.jpg

bikestuff354.jpg

bikestuff355.jpg

bikestuff357.jpg

bikestuff358.jpg

Your cat seems thoroughly unimpressed but I certainly am :!: Nice bike :shock: I especially like the beefy,curved supports for the rack.I can fully understand your excitement and why your wife claimed it as her own.Sweet ride.Enjoy :D :D

that there is a b-e-a-u-tiful bike. I saw one picture when it loaded of it and i thought it was an after picture of a restore :D haha

Most of the other bikes required too much time and money to fix, or a tetanus shot to work on. Also parts would be a pain in the . . . to get for them. There was a CCM Cycle Truck, but $350 and it was trashed. :shock:

Back