Barn find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an old guy stop by today, he wanted to trade me some T parts, so I go over to his place for a look. The parts weren't that special, and we were talkin I asked got any old bikes? "Yeah, out in the barn" So I got eyeful I had my camera in my pocket there were more than I could pics of, he wants one for his daughter the rest I can get for trading some of my junk.
some of the t parts
tparts.jpg

I had to crawl under and over all kinds of stuff to see these, just like home
barn1.jpg

5barn.jpg

1barn.jpg

3barn.jpg

4barn.jpg

What is this I couldn't get near the headbadge anyone recognize this chainring
2barn.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It looks like you found the fabled holy grail of barn bikes! It's like something out of an outrageous dream... and you wake up feeling disappointed that it couldn't possibly ever come true because it's so over the top...

Except it did for you! It's like winning the cruiser bike lottery... you are now the envy of us all... :mrgreen:

The red flat-bar is a Cleveland welding bike, they made hawthorns, road masters, I have one that'll be my next project, crap paint, no back wheel and a bad front wheel.

Good Job Dan...
I sure feels good Shaking hands...Talking shop and asking questions.
You never know unless you ask.

I would be silly if I didn't ask.....will you be selling any of it??

I think I see the Springers that "Yeshoney" needs to finish his Build off
Bike.

very nice,
Kev.

awesome stash you found there!

I talked to a high profile bike collector last night and he said the midwest is the last frontier for vintage bicycle finds lol
people got them stuck everywhere attics basements barns chicken sheds
I am continually on the prowl for them. I get 20 bikes a week most get sliced n diced and off for scrap and I save a few good pieces and sell a few good pieces. tonight I stripped 8 bikes lol ebay here i come! but sadly none are very desirable. the bike boom of the 70s left way too many cheap 10 speeds in its wake

Man that is unreal!!!! I have found many a car this way and even have a barn find myself! man the smile on your face when you saw all that .....good on ya.

My wife tells me a story of an old 51 schwinn her mom once had that is still on the farm back east.....I have already put in a call to bring it home :D

looonnggg whiiiiissstleeee........MAN!!! they'd have to send a search party to dig ME out of that barn!!! im still learning about vintaget bikes, but i do know that i have an eye for old bikes w/ front suspension, the weirder looking the better! fast eddie outty

btw, im smak dab in da middle of da midwest!

I always wondered what heaven looked like...

Back