Barn Auction Jackpot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case any of you were wondering, this is what the grease fiitings look like on the Elgin.

2106659447_8432b44759.jpg

Re: Barn Auction Jackpot- Build that ROBIN

If you get the chance google "Dave's Vintage Bicycles" and then into the photo archive for "Chestnut Hollow"you won't believe what these guys have.And theres plenty more besides on the other pages,great if your trying to find out what certain parts are correct for almost any particular bike.Have fun,your wife will be yelling at you to go to bed tonight around 3am,theres a lot of material there to look over.Hope you keep the bike and hotrod it out,Even if you have to make a tank yourself.

That Elgin is a bad butt looking bike!! I would love to Hotrod that baby,

I would have to say this is the BEST Score I have seen when it comes to some rat rod bikes. Those bikes are worth a small fortune!! They are probably worth their weight in gold too, I bet that truck was scraping it's bumper on its way out of that auction!

dumpster_diver said:
I would have to say this is the BEST Score I have seen when it comes to some rat rod bikes. Those bikes are worth a small fortune!! They are probably worth their weight in gold too, I bet that truck was scraping it's bumper on its way out of that auction!

Well, I have gotten offers on a few of the bikes already without even listing them for sale. If all goes as planned for now, I will be selling the Elgin Robin and the Hawthorne next week as well as a few parts off the Lightning flyer. Oh, and a guy is supposed to come pick up the Raleigh on Sunday.

2096434547_c0551d8e81_m.jpg
2096435687_4d7a712496_m.jpg
2096435321_a1e2db7544_m.jpg

I hate to sell them already, especially the Elgin, but I really do not have room for them right now. Besides, I found a guy who has been looking for a Robin for over two years. From what i understand, it is a pretty rare bike. He offered me what I feel is a fair price. It sounds like he has the know how to fix it up right too. i hate to give up such a rare bike, but i think it will mean a lot more for him to have it. Two weeks ago if you asked me what an Elgin Robin was, i probably would have thought it was a breed of bird.

I definatly will be keeping the Colson Flyer and ratting it out. i just love the lines of that bike. The paint is almost all gone, but I can still see the original lines. It looks like it was a dark green with white accents.
2096433811_bcabd6571d_m.jpg

i will aslo probably keep the CCM. i found the Serial # and it looks like it is a 1946. The original paint on it is in amazing condition. It is a little dirty, but the original hand painted pin striping is so unique. And it is a relatively BIG bike with 28" tires. These 26" cruiser frames are fun to ride, but it will be nice to have a bigger cruiser (even though it is a girls frame)
2096433481_2d7796b02c_m.jpg

And i probably keep the unicycle too just because.

As far as the rest, they are up for grabs, so make me an offer, and I'll probably take you up on it. Whole bikes, or just parts
What is left...
Zephyr...?

2097212436_b4d0329cd1_o.jpg

Sears ...?
2097211756_907db1ffab_o.jpg

Lightning Flyer - Chain guard & seat are pending sale
2097211422_109d8dff81_o.jpg

Huffy Kids Bike
2097210784_c9f62ef329_o.jpg

Hedstrom Kids Bike
2097210416_1d417d88b9_o.jpg

BF Goodrich XL Sports
2096433733_e418639b4f_o.jpg

I thought about going to Ebay, with them, but i figured i would let them ride on here for a while. So shoot me a PM if anybody is interested.

(and by the way, my truck is a beast, i couldn't even tell they were back there. :wink: )

CCR said:
i may be interested in the blue sears girls bike, but it would be after x-mas.

its a 24" right ??

It is a 24"
to keep my sanity, i'm gonna have to play it on a first come first serve basis.
But if nobody asks for it before the holidays feel free to make me an offer.

and to clarify on these bikes...the tires are all pretty much shot and some of the spokes need to be replaced. So, they obviously can't be ridden until repaired.

GTCOMA said:
to keep my sanity, i'm gonna have to play it on a first come first serve basis.
But if nobody asks for it before the holidays feel free to make me an offer.

I certainly understand GT, just my way of sayin if it doesnt sell dont scrap it right away if possible :mrgreen:

Back