Bare Metal Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a one bike build off to me :wink:
Metal Elgin Rules!

JohThomas Sorrels said:
I'd like to join, I am currently working on something that is mostly bare metal and this will motivate me to finish quicker.

Bring it! :p

It would be good to post up your build and finished product, but you're free to do it any way you want.

I asked my wife "Should I enter this build off?" she said " I dunno darlin' , it's getting pretty cold.!"

So I'm in. What do we have for a deadline? End of November was mentioned?
I just went to the dump and picked up a couple new winners yesterday, been wondering what to do.
I'll post up in builds in the next couple of days.

The end of November is 6 weeks away. Is that enough time for everyone? I should be able to get mine done by then. Usually when I finally get started, I ignore everything else and get it done in a week or so.

Yup, I'll do it by the end of November. I'm almost moved inside for the winter so I'm ready. Gotta do another bike for my wife concurrently, hope I don't get em mixed up!

Also, do we start individual topics in the build forum or one new topic for all the bikes in the Bare Metal Build Off? The first topic in the Build Off forum, called "How this works" says to start a single thread on which you "both" document your builds.

I don't know what the regular way to do it is so... and do we post updates on here or...?

Thanks for clearing this up, I just don't want to make things more complicated or spread out than I have to.

End of November works for me

jackdaw said:
Also, do we start individual topics in the build forum or one new topic for all the bikes in the Bare Metal Build Off? The first topic in the Build Off forum, called "How this works" says to start a single thread on which you "both" document your builds.

I don't know what the regular way to do it is so... and do we post updates on here or...?

Thanks for clearing this up, I just don't want to make things more complicated or spread out than I have to.

Thats what I was wandering too.

The big build offs have a section where they post each the builds separately, but with 4 or 5 of us, any way we do it will probably work ok. If they are all in the builds section, everyone will know what they are about.

What is the time line on this?
Once I finish the Hawthorne to WWII Service Bike build, I may jump on this. Pictures later, but I will be doing a huffy cheater slick / bare metal / to 26 inch full size stretch type cruiser-esque build.

jackdaw said:
Right on! Lets see it.

Is your Hawthorn build on here somewhere?

jackdaw

The Hawthorne is in the builds forum.

I'll start a thread later but here is a very early rough draft to see what I will be working with.

”Bare Metal Cheater”:

2i1z5nr.jpg

okla, that's cool. Is that a 26" front with a 27" rear? Just enough different to make you doubletake. What is a "cheater" anyway? I've seen that term elsewhere and wondered what kind of bike it referred to.

I think we are going with a November 30th deadline here.

Hope you can join us. Love the Hawthorn build.

Back