Banditos (formerly john doe)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my current project, its the only ridable cruiser in my stable so im trying to keep it ridable for the most part. Its a 2010 kona i got from ride85 on here a few weeks ago. Grabbed the fork set up off of a wcc and it transferred over so well i didnt change the bars. Stopped by Kreep's shop to get it rideable. Today i mounted the front caliper on and can finally can stop without slamming my shins into the forks...
first day(no tubes):
1c003846.jpg

after stopping by Kreep's
51d960c0.jpg

getting the disk brake adapter attached...cant wait to have a tig set up one day...the ac stick welder will have to do for now
1998d0b0.jpg

293cd1fe.jpg

a4c27e93.jpg

2b7d61c9.jpg

feb9d952.jpg

The bike as its sitting now, need to get the bare metal painted (came from az and im sure had been bare metal for a while)
30390a65.jpg

I have alot of ideas for this bike, they change almost everyday but either way its at least getting my mind off of my rrbo5 bike that got stolen in early july. Stay tuned, this is just the begining.
Billy Olds

Re: John Doe(no name yet) build

oddly enough i havent even thought of a fatty in the back lol, only having a fatty up front and a slimmer in the rear but no clue what ill be doing with tires as of yet. Your in tampa? what part?

South Tampa. Britton Plaza area. Having grown up in the 70's I am influenced by the old choppers with their fat rear tires and skinny fronts.

I had a Kona Humhumu for awhile... I love the looptail and double bars.

Can you lower the fork more?

cman, planning on lowering it a bit for sure, how much is up for grabs right now, i slammed it down to as low as i could go and liked it but didnt want to cut em yet and when i put them back to ride it, i liked em up as well.
I have two ideas for the bike. One is to call it "wedding crasher" and do it in all black and white with a red tank, thinking about what i would use to add character to it, i thought of a cigar, then came idea number two. Tampa bay is known for cigars, hav-a-tampa and others. So possibly doing a cigar theme with a dark brown, beige, and black as the color scheme. Wrap the forks in a brown cloth to mimick cigars, cigarbox hammer as a suicide brake.
G-ratter- im over in dunedin, and after thinking about your idea i think i like it alot, if i go with the wedding crasher theme id like to put a 70's style chopper seat for two with those big step ups.
like this but for a bicycle
dannybike001.jpg

so the bride has some where to sit when i roll away from crashing the wedding lol

We have some friends up that way in Saftey Harbor.
I tried the double seat on one of my bikes when I was a kid. Did not have the skills or tools at the time so it was not comfortable. If I remember correctly I found a how to article in a copy of 1970's Chopper magazine.

safety harbor is where i grew up, have it proudly tattoed on me to lol

if u ever come over this way we should go for a cruise

Finally got the time and motivation to finish this thing....

Pulled everything off
IMG_20111003_173721.jpg

wire wheel on a grinder I stripped the frame, prob would have been better off getting some stripper but this gave it a cool metal surface
IMG_20111004_171311.jpg

IMG_20111004_181234.jpg

Masked off for a metal/satin black two tone
IMG_20111004_200357.jpg

IMG_20111004_200403.jpg

A round of painting
IMG_20111004_224546.jpg

I also had a random idea, I had that ugly brown huffy seat and an old bandana and spray adhesive...
Looks better than the crappy huffy seat and took all of no time, so if it holds up, great if not at least for the time being it will work
IMG_20111004_224603.jpg

IMG_20111004_233149.jpg

Should have the paint finished tomorrow and assemble it on thursday

Love the frame! Need to find one for the next motorized build.

You plan on running the fork that high or chopping it down?

Good to see your back to building. Where ya been? You got my #, give me a call- have a few cold ones and maybe you can take some stuff off my hands, I gota wear stilts to get trough my shop. Bike is looking good.
-kreep-

Oh kreep lol im sure, your shop is a dreamy nightmare. Ive been living in tampa and doing welding certs all .... summer. Got 4 unlimited thickness and position certs, carbon steel tig, 7018, stainless stick and inconel...
Im actually going back to work on saturday so it may be a while before i stop by but im always wanting to so soon enough!

Ive thought about chopping the forks down, i like the look but its been done alot. Maybe one day ill chop em but for now im leaving them.

progress today
IMG_20111005_151303.jpg

IMG_20111005_124848.jpg

fork tubes
IMG_20111005_124836.jpg

My helper in the background laying down on me...no good mutt lol
IMG_20111005_124820.jpg

And found theese on the good old craigslist for the motorcycle(the main reason i havent been on here much), going to convert to harley wheels. 19" to 21" in the front and 15" to 16" in the back and the rear will be disk instead of drum. Among looks, tires are way more common for theese wheels than the honda.
IMG_20111005_150841.jpg

IMG_20111007_040621.jpg
gotta still adjust a few things but took it on a cruise last night and im very happy that i painted this beast finally.

Thanks you mugen!

Im away for work since i built it and havent gotten to enjoy it at all but my roommates decided it was ok to use it...well see how that goes when i return.

Very thuggish, Good job on this one man, it looks great.

Latest posts

Back