Banana seat homemade?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HY,

Unfortunatly I live in Romania and fancy bicycle parts are not to be found here.Not to talk about the Schwinn like Frames.
Now i have a nice women frame and a banana seat would be perfect but i can't aford to buy one from Germany and I didn't found a store here to buy one, so I want to build one can I have some tips, advise, plans for a seat?

Thank you

I think it would depend on your skills. It sounds crazy but If I was going to build one from scratch I would make the pan out of..dont laugh, wood. carve to a real cool shape, cover it in padding and a cover of choice and attach hardware. I am a lot better with wood then metal however I did just get a welder and Im trading in the woodworking for metal working for a while. Until I learn it at least.

I've had thoughts of using an old skateboard deck and trim it down to use as a seat pan, Then pad it and cover it in black leather and chrome rhinestones. :mrgreen:

Back