BAJA DIRT BUG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked this up today for $150.

Owner bought it new for his Granddaughter to ride on the farm. She rode it once and it scared her so she never rode it again. His Son in Law rode it 4-5 times and then they parked it. It sat under a tarp in their barn the rest of the time.

Got it home and sprayed it off, threw some gas in and it started right up.

mini.jpg

Okay...pulled the carb off this morning and checked it all out...didn't find any issues. Put it all back together and it wasn't leaking anymore so I'm guessing something was just loose.

2una7yqa.jpg

pemese8a.jpg

a7a9uhah.jpg

Definitely going to be throwing a 6.5hp Predator engine from Harbor Freight on this thing. It's underpowered with me on it and throw one of my kids on with me and it really struggles.

Probably will go with street tires, some Moon stickers and a bit of pinstriping eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely going to be throwing a 6.5hp Predator engine from Harbor Freight on this thing. It's underpowered with me on it and throw one of my kids on with me and it really struggles.

Probably will go with street tires, some Moon stickers and a bit of pinstriping eventually.

Do I smell a RRB Baja Build Off Challenge ??? :chicken::chicken::chicken: :D

One of things I did not like about the bike was the tires. Did some searching and found that they sold some larger lawn tractor tires at Tractor Supply so I ran by this afternoon.

First time in TSC...I'm now hooked on the place...ha ha.

So I get home and realize I don't have the tools to change these tires and I ran them up to Walmart and their tire guy swapped them out for me for free.

Got them home and mounted up and they are much nicer tires for sure for the street.

2egu4uvu.jpg

sejypytu.jpg

jeba6aba.jpg

Also got my HEADlight installed...

ygytyren.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like fun. My friends neighbor has a similar looking mini bike with god knows what motor but the sticker says 15HP; tried riding it down the road and it scared the heck out of me when the front lifted off the ground.

Anyway good deal & nice new tires.

BTW was probably the float & or needle sticking in the carb. If it does it again just use the end of a wrench and tap the carb. Common problem on small motors.

Very neat mini bike. Hard to believe you had never been in a TSC until yesterday. Better late than never though. :) We have the TSC and Rural King stores around here. The Rural Kings are the same style store but generally much larger.

Very neat mini bike. Hard to believe you had never been in a TSC until yesterday. Better late than never though. :) We have the TSC and Rural King stores around here. The Rural Kings are the same style store but generally much larger.

Yeah...not sure why I haven't been either. It's about 15 minutes from my house, but I guess I never really knew what they carried so I usually just found everything I needed at Lowes or Home Depot. The one by us is north of town on the service road of the highway where I never go so just never stopped by.

Okay, was thinking the peoples car. I'd throw on a goped cvt, that thing will really move. A buddy of mine had a sit down goped, claimed a 40mph top speed, I weigh 250, this thing had to be faster. Much qiucker than any 50cc scooter, we took it to the skate park, burnouts, and other goofy crap with it. Toss one of those on there.

I get alot of goofy stuff at T.S.C.
Bolts, nuts, rod ends, threaded rod, but mainly I get motorbicycle chain there. Cheap! 1/2" chain, could be used with appropiate sprockets.

Back