Back to work

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah King its basically the same as the other bike I have . The only difference is the looptail rear triangle and the 24'' tires instead of 26's . My other one rides really nice. I was just looking for something that looked a little different.

At one time I built 3 of these. I was going to try to market them.....ah the plan. Anyway my brother has one , I have the original , and there is one I think in New Mexico sold to another member. This one is the same , but has a looptail instead of the straight rear triangle.

myclone002.jpg

Ratcycle it has 24x3 fatti-o's . Its the only bike I ever have put 24'' tires on. I was looking to just get a little lower on the ride height.
Glad yall like it.

Thanks everybody glad yall like this one. Really dosen't count because it was pretty much done. But I have a pile of tubing and its time to fire up my benders and see if I can come up with something that looks good. There are some really talented people building some nice bikes. Got me to want to see what I can do.

Finished the build this morning. Everything works good. It pretty low and you have to remember not to pedal around corners. I may get a short crank for it. Not really a problem if your thinking about it. I stuck them both together. Even though they are kinda the same frame they are really different. The 7 speed worked perfect , no problems there.

DSCF0002

DSCF0002 by

DSCF0001

I think you scored a Big A+ with this one! The stance, the rear loop tail, the rake, it all fits perfect together. Now all you need is a her's version to ride along side of it! 8) 8) 8)

Thanks King , its a pretty comfy ride. I haven't built anything that rides better yet. I'm not sure that I could build a girls version. Never really thought about it. Besides I built a copy of another style and my wife jumped on it like a chicken on a grasshopper. She won't even let me ride it........its her bike.

betterpics001.jpg

Clean bikes dude

More on that bender! got any pics? I really like the one piece rear section

Thanks Wyliek. The bender is a JD2 model . Its pretty much state of the art on doing the looptail rear triangle.
It will do some beautiful bends , but you still have to have a roller bender to do the other bends on a frame. This is close to $600 sitting here.

DSCF0004-5.jpg

DSCF0007-4.jpg

Paul it will be nice seeing some new stuff. Your builds are always fun to watch.

I know cruiser are where it is at, but you may need to try a different style of bike for some of your health rides. The kind with skinny tires and a Brooks Saddle. :wink: :wink:

I still have a permanent indention from the last time I tried a Brooks. Next your going to tell me to buy some spandex.......EEEEEKKKK!!!! I just drove 20 miles to buy the most comfortable seat in the world. It has that nasty word on it , but I won't hold that against it.
Really Clancy I'm trying to burn up a little sugar , not enter a marathon. :lol:

DSCF0001-10.jpg

No kidding if your a person that has a large rear , this seat will make you feel like you sitting on a cloud . This is my second one and I will probably go buy another. They say three is a charm.

Paul, nice looptail. I like it better then the other, although I like the other one too. great work. glad to see you are at it again.

Outlaw 8)

Thanks Outlaw. I really like them both. I hope to come up with something that will look a little cooler and will ride as good as these.
It will be good to break out all my benders and see what I can mess up. I have been thinking all morning.

Check out Basman's site. I'm sure they will fix you up on something like the yellow one.
Its an awesome design. Wish I had come up with it.

Great looking frame design on both the Colson style and the Basman style. The loop rear stays look really nice! You are making me jealous with that tubing bender too. 8)

John

DesignIt said:
Great looking frame design on both the Colson style and the Basman style. The loop rear stays look really nice! You are making me jealous with that tubing bender too. 8)

John
All you have to do is spend your Christmas money. :D
I thought I would use it more , and then kinda quit building for a while right after I got it. Maybe I can get some use out of it.

Ratcycle it would be kinda hard to know what someone would want bent . It has limitations too. I can only get the chain stay part 5 1/4'' wide , because that is the die size. I guess someone could split it and take out an inch or so if they wanted them narrower.

Back