Back in Black is back - 7/28 DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Back in Black is Back - 8/31

Couple more little things done. Got the rack installed (well that was a couple months ago) Installed a lucky 7 seatpost which allows the seat to be slammed (I'm short so it fits me perfect) Also picked up my brick red tires. Now I just have to wait for my dad to be done cutting wood in the garage so I can start painting again.

h.jpg

h2-2.jpg

awesome! wonderd what happened to this bike.. :wink: i remember it wayy back when you first posted it.

stretch said:
awesome! wonderd what happened to this bike.. :wink: i remember it wayy back when you first posted it.

Its still not finished, at least I'm riding it now though!

I was bored so I threw the new tires on.

I can't seem to stop riding it long enough to tear it down for paint, plus since most of the chrome is bad I dont know if its worth painting again.

Photo0307-1.jpg

Re: Back in Black is back - 9/14

deorman said:
Take off the back wheel, put a newspaper over the crank, pshhht a little black,the only paint it needs. 8)

Thats how I did the fenders earlier this year, except I just stuck cardboard under them to protect the tires from overspray.

I did take your advice and hit the sanded spots with black today, also sanded and painted the tank, the red didnt fit the look anymore.

Also washed all the powder off the tires so now they shine

Photo0310.jpg

Re: Back in Black is back - 9/15

Got the headlight built today.

Light is a truck/farm light that I got at walmart for $12
32 LED flashlight from harbor freight for $8
Toggle switch from auto zone for $5

I love it, it fits the bike perfect. I shaved the mounting brackets off and used one from a vintage light (modified of course) I'll get some night time pics soon

Photo0312.jpg

Re: Back in Black is back - 9/19 - LED headlight built/installed

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Hmmmm..where have I seen that light before? Nice job, love your bike!
DSCF2066.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Thanks, your bike is sweet! I think thats where I first saw it.

Heres a couple more pictures.

I didnt take any before pics, but you can kind of see where I shaved the 2 plastic mounting pieces off. I then shortened a bracket from a chrome light and drilled a new hole in it. Then I used the hole where the original wiring came out for the bracket and drilled a hole for the toggle switch low to keep it clean. Next I'm going to try the 109 LED at harbor freight (because 32 isnt enough haha) 8) :shock:

Photo0315.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

Back