Back from the dead! Brat's Down and dirty lowrider.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I V-Dub thee.......The Brat Rod chubby lover

Blackwell said:
That thing is cool. Just posting here so I can keep an eye on it....

Me too!

I can't believe that started as a bratz bike! It looks great!

Re: I V-Dub thee.......The Brat Rod chubby lover

Back from the dead! I kinda lost interest and got a bit sidetracked with this build so it was parted out. I finally got another brat bike so now it's on! I am keeping the idea of the "Brat Rod" but dropping the VW influences. Also now that I have a welder I can mod the frame the right way. Here's the starting point.
yardsalebikes.jpg

Re: Back from the dead! Brat Rod

ya been watching this build for a long time man! shame you've gotta start from scratch now :roll:

Yeah but now I can build it up from beginning to end. I have been planning it out in my head for a year so everything should go smoothly. Now to find a few WCC tires. :mrgreen:

I just picked up a pair of these for free and one had a set of 40" apes :lol: Are ya still going with the 3" tires?

FatBoy said:
I just picked up a pair of these for free and one had a set of 40" apes :lol: Are ya still going with the 3" tires?
As soon as I find a set I am planning to at very least go with one on the back.

Well I got sick of waiting on tires so I decided to just do a simple low rider build for now (I was bored). Little paint and put it back together, then I will re-do it when I get the fat tires if I decide to go through with it. Anyway I got it broken down and the frame mostly painted. Started by laying down a coat of flat black then covering it with a purposely blotchy (I was running out of paint) coat of Krylon X-Metals red anno paint. Gives it a deep dark rich red hue to it that just looks sinister in person. Pics really don't do it justice. Well enough yacking here's what you came here for...PICS!

paint001.jpg

paint002.jpg

paint003.jpg

paint004.jpg

paint005.jpg

Brat Rod....Currently down and dirty low rider

Ah, despite the heat I got it back together with the other fenders I had laying around and it looks great. I had to use one of the old fender braces to hold the front fender but it wasn't hard to modify it. I took it for a test ride down to the end of the block and back (too hot to ride much further) and it rides great but I still need to swap out the grips and pedals, that purple just doesn't go with anything. The red anno over flat black kinda looks cool if I do say so myself. Kinda has a patina look to it when it dries. :mrgreen: Take a look and tell me what you think!

lowrider013.jpg

lowrider012.jpg

lowrider008.jpg

lowrider007.jpg

When I get more time and money I'm going to take apart the wheels and anno red the rim hoops for that modernized Rat Rod look.

Back