Back from double knee replacement

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. Seriously. Major pain. Plus it is so hard to bend these legs now. I was in the hospital for 13 days. I had to go to a rehab floor because they thought I had a clot. Things moved slower because of that.

Now I'm at home and getting PT to work these legs out. Anyone gone through this?
J

Wow...that's some crazy stuff!

Glad to hear that you are recovering well. Wondered what had happened to you.

The Pastor of the church I work at is slated to have this done soon.

Should be interesting to see how the new knees do on a bike some day.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you end up really happy with your new knees. Hang in there.

Both my Mother in law and my boss had this done, the first one my motherinlaw had done was a nightmare, the anestesia wasn't all the way in effect when they started cutting :shock: :shock: :shock: and my boss had to go back for some more testing had some fluid in the knee.....bottom line...knees dont fail me now.

I had ACL surgery and it was pretty painful. I don't want to think about having both knees out at once.
I did find that cycling was one of the best forms of PT for my knee. Low impact and fun :mrgreen:
I have a friend who has had one of his replaced and he still rides and skis with me from time to time.
Good luck on your recovery

Had left knee replaced almost 3yrs. ago, so I feel YOUR pain!..........DO the therapy! I was riding a stationary bike within 4 weeks, and by week seven I was doing 10 miles rides (cruising). ABSOLUTELY the best thing I ever had done. Both knees have got to be tough. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel The only polite way of saying this is: "Don't be a baby about therapy, IT HURTS" (I'm sure you know by now)! I'm sure you still have a lot of swelling, but it won't last. Give it at least a year for a full recovery..........You will be smiling, this time next month. GOOD LUCK, the worst is over.

Back