attic find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After i had already bought my Schwinn, my Mother in law says to me, "Oh i wish you'd said something. We have those two bikes up in the garage." I asked if she knew what kind and she said, "Schwinn i think". So today i finally made it over. I couldn't get up into the loft because the car was blocking and we didn't have room to pack them up anyway. However, i did get a little preview video as far up as my hand could reach. I can easily make out the green fenders of the womens bike, a black leather riveted seat, fender braces, a headbadge on the green fork (i can't make it out), Schwinn style pedals, and the 2nd front fork. Here is the youtube link. Can anyone pick out some stuff i might be missing?

http://youtu.be/UzlttJK4vD8

I'll be taking these home as soon as i can. I'm hoping the bikes are in as good shape as i'm lead to believe. They have seen minimal use and always garage kept. Feeling pretty psyched. :D

I couldn't make out anything. You're gonna need a couple of midgets to get in there and get those out. :p Gary

I looked at them in high def, Neither looks like a Schwinn, but both are probably American made bikes from the 70's or early 80's. The green one looks like a Columbia (headbadge) Tourist 3 speed and the purple looks like a Huffy or Murray.

Wildcat said:
I looked at them in high def, Neither looks like a Schwinn, but both are probably American made bikes from the 70's or early 80's. The green one looks like a Columbia (headbadge) Tourist 3 speed and the purple looks like a Huffy or Murray.
I have a suspicion that the folks think all bikes are Schwinns, so it being any other brand wouldn't surprise me. I'm excited to see what is actually up there.

Back