At the Shop (pictures :D)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I go to the shop where I hang out almost every weekend, its fun braking stones joking around and watching what they are doing (helping out where I can)..Being that this is there new shop, they painted the walls with hot rod type images, moon eyes etc. Well along with posters and road signs etc. they are gonna hang this on the wall .. figured you guys would enjoy it so I took some pictures its a Columbia Thunder Bolt?

sorry for the bad pictures, took em with my camera phone.
bikeuy7.jpg

bike2qf9.jpg

bike3eh2.jpg

bike4ir6.jpg

they plan on hanging it the way it sits now, I think its pretty cool, and for them its something people could look at when they come in talk business (old bike + old hot rodders = flash backs and memories of childhood?) lol

you could make out the ford they were doing full air ride in the picture and here is something else they gonna be working on, another cool ride to get full air ride system.

55ig8.jpg

552oh3.jpg

Its a 55 Nomad (2 door, pretty rare to come by)

Love the rat rod wagon.... but I don't believe that is a Nomad. Looks more like a sedan delivery.

That's not to put it down in ANY way. I was VERY upset when I was 15 and came home to see that my Dad had traded the 57 Sedan Delivery we had (old Alabama game & fish car, he had painted and cleaned up, 283, 3 on the tree) for a ...gasp....hack.... '62 bug.

And wouldn't you kow that less than a year later, I ended up with a '62 bug. I bought it off him for $400. I would have FAR rather had that old wagon!

Still love those old wagons, and that one in the photo is DEFINITELY a beauty!

Nomads had slanted rear posts on the front doors, and two piece sliding windows in the quarters. One of the neat thing on the 57 Dad had was it had the sliding window option in the quarters instead of the normal steel panel or fixed window. Only difference was the division bar in the sedan delivery was not slanted like the Nomad either. That was one of the things that contributed to the appeal of the Nomad... those "swept" lines!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Im think your right, I heard one guy talking about it and he was like its delivery wagon the owner flared out the fenders and such to make it look like one ... either way i think its neat! if you wanna buy the bike Im going out there today on ride cause I have to stop at the bike shop and talk prices so Ill ask what they want for that thing :D

they did make 2 door station wagons in 55
the nomads have curved door frames and other changes too
it really dont matter because its really cool!
and chopping a 150 2 door wagon doesnt rile up the purests like a chopped nomad lol

vanilla_gorilla said:
deliverys dont have rear windows

Vanilla,
Sorry, but I think you may be mistaken.
This is one of the ones with glass, as was my Dad's. His had the normal 57 Chev side trim as opposed to the straight trim shown on this one. These were neat old cars! Our dog thought it was the best thing to get into anytime the door was opened, and slipped off to work with my Dad quite often.

Wish I had the one he traded! (I probably still would have it..)

Last note: I had a car recently that bore your screen name as its' name. Lost it to an idiot the day after hurrican Frances. He thought that stop signs didn't apply to him and hit me head on.
It was an '01 Blazer Extreme. Darn nice car! (Closest thing you could find to a sedan delivery nowadays!)

http://www.dallasclassicchevy.com/FeatureCar0604Caruth.htm

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

I got some more pictures for you guys :) interior and what looks to be gold leaf, but believe it or not, its not gold leaf, Its copper leaf (same concept but rarer material)

Interior on this thing is one off custom as well. I went on a bike ride there today, took me an hour and a half, it was a 15mile ride (I got a ride back with the bike in back of van :D)

a picture of my bike about half way when I took a brake on a hill hahaha

bikehp1.jpg

caroz4.jpg

car2wm1.jpg

Pawel said:
I got some more pictures for you guys :) interior and what looks to be gold leaf, but believe it or not, its not gold leaf, Its copper leaf (same concept but rarer material)

Interior on this thing is one off custom as well. I went on a bike ride there today, took me an hour and a half, it was a 15mile ride (I got a ride back with the bike in back of van :D)

a picture of my bike about half way when I took a brake on a hill hahaha

That is a REALLY nice wagon. Love the taillights (Packard?), the shiftknob looks like the old RKO radio mike, and the upholstery is WILD!

Hope you get something worked out!

Call me GREEN.. :mrgreen:
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Back