Art Nouveau Bike (made in France)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
So here's the step by step building of the bike with my first buy, a few vintage motorcycle parts, especially the springerfork wich finally was found to be too heavy for the bike.
bbb002bi5.jpg

I covered the saddle with cream colored leather:
bbb002.jpg

First tubes welded :
nn006.jpg

Checking the overall length:
lour.jpg

Then the tubes for the back wheel:
veloh.jpg

Swirls welded:
ebay012.jpg

Finished frame:
nn028.jpg

First coating:
91573909.jpg

First version with the motorbike fork weighing nearly 20 lbs. and was far too heavy and not very pleasant to steer, unless you're into body building !!! Shame for the look though, I liked it...
w032k.jpg

And finally as it is today with cream colored handle grips(not on pic). I had too extend the bottom of the fork caus' I took the frame's mesures according to the motobike fork:
p1029.jpg

really different! really nice! too bad the motorbike fork didn't work out though... that's a really cool piece.
what makes that fork heavy though? the tubes look kinda lightweight... maybe its the shock absorber that's weighing it down?

Thanx for your comments , as for the fork's weight, it's made out of solid steel bars, it's not hollow tube....

Simply awesome and original build, hat's off for you sir 8) with a bike like that you can call yourself Nouveau Riche :mrgreen:
Colourcombo seat/tires works great, just unlucky that motorbikefork didn't work out !
Just curious: does that springer still function well with that extention ?

Thanx for your comments, it doesn't make any difference with the extention, I took a peace of thick aluminium , it works perfectly...

Very nice bike, and very original.
I love the colour and I´d love to see how the fender turned out. :D

came across this build and thought it was real creative. gotta love anything that pushes the boundaries. what did you end up doing with the fork you first had on the bike? any chance you still have it and would consider selling it?

Back