army style 56 firestone and slick 60s jc higgins pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the firestone is pretty stock. all done rattle can. a budget helps decide the outcome of a rat, i believe. im looking for an old radio flyer so the wife can tow my english bulldog

bikes002.jpg

bikes006.jpg

bikes007.jpg

the higins has a springer for with the spring removed so it extends the front wheel without lowering it too badly

bikes005.jpg

bikes001.jpg

nice :mrgreen:
do you have the springer bolted up at all?(had a bike i did that with along time ago without bolting it....big pain it would flop everytime it was lifted)if not ya might want to try putting the threaded part that goes on the steer tube back and running just the bushing (that way you loose the 'flop' with out raising it much)

sensor said:
nice :mrgreen:
do you have the springer bolted up at all?(had a bike i did that with along time ago without bolting it....big pain it would flop everytime it was lifted)if not ya might want to try putting the threaded part that goes on the steer tube back and running just the bushing (that way you loose the 'flop' with out raising it much)

nah man. see the bolt in mid-fork? i tighened the f%$#% out of them. no flop no movement. nothing!

Ahab said:
man that army style bike is sick, me likes.

that paint job cost me about $5

i left te original rust on the chrome for a more rat feeling and if you look at the back fender theres holes wher eit rusted through that i kept for the look

I like that sprocket on the army bike. Nice job on the rattle can. Must be a good women to ride such a bike.

kool rides you got there good to see others in sacto joinning in on the fun. funny i have not seen your bikes around. do you ever go by college cyclery? thats where i work

Back