ARIZONA..THE WEATHER PARADISE OF THE WORLD....ANY BIKE EVENTS??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a question for any and all Arizona people here. Anyone know of any events going on in this WINTER PARADISE? it's seems our fellow Bike friends in the cold weather part of the world have countless events and shows..rides..swaps during the summer AND WINTER months. Arizona??? ZERO. Tour De fat brings out thousands of people..after that everyone locks their bikes up until next year. It would be so nice to have a BIKE community here as far as swaps and shows. If anyone knows of any..please share. Craigslist just dont cut it out here for finding bikes. Too many people here been watching Pickers shows

I have a question for any and all Arizona people here. Anyone know of any events going on in this WINTER PARADISE? it's seems our fellow Bike friends in the cold weather part of the world have countless events and shows..rides..swaps during the summer AND WINTER months. Arizona??? ZERO. Tour De fat brings out thousands of people..after that everyone locks their bikes up until next year. It would be so nice to have a BIKE community here as far as swaps and shows. If anyone knows of any..please share. Craigslist just dont cut it out here for finding bikes. Too many people here been watching Pickers shows
As a Born and Raised Arizonan, I can tell you the rides are mostly "Climbs" in that neck of the woods. People really get into the bike rock climbing thing, often nearing the cliffs or outskirts of Rye, sometimes grand canyon area if the weather provides [a place it DOES see snow].. I would say your two best best are,
A. Going to Tuscon, 4th Avenue is all about bikes and arts and independent smoke shops. There are a number of custom bikes out that way, and even several bike oriented shops to be had on 4th. [maybe its 6th? either way its like side by side streets].. these are the kind of people who would have a regular ride, or annual. Very cool location, very flat.. cool people..cool scene..
your other option being B. Create your own chapter, and begin to organize it. Make a FB for it, others can follow and coordinate plans.. flyers for the bulletin boards in super markets, even here! Im currently residing in Rhode Island with my Girlfriend, but I could spread the word to some of the folks I know there and we could really make a thing of it!
Im here daily, so discussion comes freely.
Id be happy to hear what you think, with this said. Maybe I can figure out a few other options, as a two way ultimatum does make for a dry feeling, and not just the desert.

Zombie

As a Born and Raised Arizonan, I can tell you the rides are mostly "Climbs" in that neck of the woods. People really get into the bike rock climbing thing, often nearing the cliffs or outskirts of Rye, sometimes grand canyon area if the weather provides [a place it DOES see snow].. I would say your two best best are,
A. Going to Tuscon, 4th Avenue is all about bikes and arts and independent smoke shops. There are a number of custom bikes out that way, and even several bike oriented shops to be had on 4th. [maybe its 6th? either way its like side by side streets].. these are the kind of people who would have a regular ride, or annual. Very cool location, very flat.. cool people..cool scene..
your other option being B. Create your own chapter, and begin to organize it. Make a FB for it, others can follow and coordinate plans.. flyers for the bulletin boards in super markets, even here! Im currently residing in Rhode Island with my Girlfriend, but I could spread the word to some of the folks I know there and we could really make a thing of it!
Im here daily, so discussion comes freely.
Id be happy to hear what you think, with this said. Maybe I can figure out a few other options, as a two way ultimatum does make for a dry feeling, and not just the desert.

Zombie
I have thought about trying to get a FAMILY friendly Bike club together. Do some rides..shows..swaps..things like this. Im sure if i went to snottsdale I can find lots of drunks riding in old town but for a family or just people wanting to meet up and share ideas and bikes..man this place is horrible. Our one event for the year is Tour De fat...after that we are a dry state as far as events..yet we are about the only people in the country living it up as far as weather for the next few months. Well Cali too. Its a shame when i see east coast states having SWAPS and shows in the winter. Yet we sit idle. So you are right..i should start my own thing..and quit complaining about it..ha ha

If there is anyone else in Arizona on here..lets talk

Scottsdale holds some local car shows in the summertime, you might be able to coordinate something with them, in terms of a show around that time of the season.
Alot of the Phoenix scene is southern influenced, so in-city you get the lowrider shows, and bikes..some cruisers, but mostly poor welded chop-shop stuff.
If I were to direct you anywhere for the right personality of people, It would be Gilbert. Old town Gilbert, with the good restaurants, classic car auto shops and sales lots..etc.. good flat ground, decent weather, and at times a little cooler than downtown. The people seem really openminded to bicyclists and last I knew, across from a vintage car place called "steel dreamz" was a YMCA, making it a really decent area for younger influences.

I spent much of my time in Tempe, Right off Mill Avenue, as most kids with a taste for the college scene hung about.. the Tempe bridge has a park under it, on the Tempe end of it. Its a great spot in the summer, spring and even parts of "winter". People still ride through there all the time, and with ASU down the street, its sure to draw attention to hold something there! Its a real artsy fartsy community, lots always going on, and then theres Mill Avenue itself, of course.. I'm sure one of the shops would host your show for sponsor ability.
In any event, if you need help with anything, let me know. I'm considering making a Rhode Island chapter myself, so I can provide a little aid with setting up as we each take our course~

I'll post an announcement about coordinating a phoenix social and see where it goes from there on FB.

Zombie

Back