April 4th is the 1st annual NATIONAL RAT RIDE DAY!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NATIONA RAT RIDE DAY!

the first one should be done this asian astrological year. it's the year of the rat i think, till February ?

Re: NATIONAL RAT RIDE DAY!

This my idea from the other topic list
Well, if we want make it a special day we should pick someone's birthday. So "Ratrod" when is your birthday?
Actually, I was thinking of Sheldon Brown's birthday of July 14th or Feb 3rd when he passed away. Any other "Great 2 Wheel Hero's" we should celebrate?
And should we start a new topic on this mater?

I with it man, let's get the ball rolling on picking a date and time, and give ratrod a break.

im down with it, but unfortunatly i am the only one in my area who rides (i think). this is for everyone and not just one specific area, right? wish more people aroung here rode, and i mean other than their 36 speed carbon fiber stumphumper full suspension mountain bikes.

hey roadmaster, thats exactly what this day is gonna e about, even if it's just you, get out there and take a ride, find somebody on a stumpie and get to ride along with you. It's about all bikes, even ...gasp....unicycles :p hey lowered, see what you started man!!!!!

IT IS PLANNED AS A NATION WIDE EVENT!!!

Mind you it is just an idea at this point.

and I didnt start anything, WE started it.

all of us

What about Ground Hog day? Not a Rat so much but surely a near relative (Rodent) and seems like the whole theme about "checking the season" could tie in somehow. Seems to me it comes at a time wear weather is somewhat transitional, much like the bikes we resurect. Kind of seems fitting somehow,think about it,the ground hog notices that it is not as cold and frozen as it has been . He pokes his head out to "check the climate" so to speak, and makes a determination on wether or not the weather suits him at this point. Not unlike a lot of us that work on our winter projects and watch the weather conditions, waiting for an opportunity to point that new bike toward the end of the driveway and roll it on down the road for the first time after a long cold winter. :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!

Iwas speaking more collectively rather than selectively there Harley. I know that the winter thing only really applies towards paint for you and I. Glad you found it "deep" that probably means it will be thought provoking to others,and thats always a good thing. And likewise, I would ride with you anytime! :mrgreen:

Mr. Slick Rick, has a point, by the way that was some great analysis of winter and building. Here is my .02. Here in San Antonio, home of the Alamo, we have a yearly celebration called the Battle of Flowers. It is a day to celebrate Texas independence from Mexico. In San Antonio it is ususally right in the middle of Fiesta, basically a ten day long city wide party. Anyways here is link to read on the history of the thing, I don't feel like typing. So Hows about April 21 ? http://www.battleofflowers.org/history.aspx

Fiesta down here is so sweet, you can go to any corner of the city and find a get together, party or mini carnival. PLus every bar/club has the best specials of the year. That means .99 beers! So thats my opinion, have at it :D

GroundhogDay19.jpg

Hey guys, not sure exactly when it started and I don't really have the time right now to find out (gotta go to work), but what about the annivesary of when this board was started? If it wasn't for Steve and his vision, most of us would be wondering around aimlessly and possibly never even realizing that this segment of the bike community exists! By choosing this board's anniversary date, we honor Steve, the board, our hobby and each individual who has shared a piece of themselves with others. We could do it on the exact date or the first weekend after. When the decided date is finalized I'll make sure it's put up on the FreakBike board, let the Atomic Zombie board in on it and we'll do our best to load the streets with Rats, Freaks, and Zombies! :shock:

My other suggestion would be in May sometime, it's national bike month.

Should it be termed national or international?

Great topis and idea,
Chainy

looks like the site started sometime around the beginning of Sept. '06

Back