Anyone know what this bike is?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this white bike is? These are the only pics I have of it from the seller. They have this and the blue Schwinn Hollywood, both for $100. I'm thinking of combining the two bikes, putting some of the Schwinn parts on the white bike and making it a cool cruiser. Not sure if it's worth doing or not?
Screenshot 2023-10-04 12.42.14 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-03 8.22.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-03 8.23.07 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-04 12.43.02 AM.png

White bike looks to be a Murray built bike. The long tail rear dropouts were used on the Murray cruisers (like the Sears Flightliners), etc in the early to mid 1960s and some of the kids bikes as well. Probably a 1 speed when new with a later repaint with generic off the shelf stickers and gears & hand brakes added.

The serial number could should if it was sold as a Sears (502...) or as a Murray (M...).

Last edited:
Yeah, the dropout spurs are a dead giveaway. To be honest, the Hollywood is almost certainly the better bike.

I don't know your market, but I'd probably buy them, then clean, service, and flip the Schwinn to get my money back.

White bike looks to be a Murray built bike. The long tail rear dropouts were used on the Murray cruisers (like the Sears Flightliners), etc in the early to mid 1960s and some of the kids bikes as well. Probably a 1 speed when new with a later repaint with generic off the shelf stickers and gears & hand brakes added.

The serial number could should if it was sold as a Sears (502...) or as a Murray (M...).
Thank you for the info!

The Murray's and some others had that straight 7/8" seat post. Also, the front chain guard mount was on the down tube just ahead of the sprocket. Looks like a Murray to me too.
Okay, thank you for the info!

Yeah, the dropout spurs are a dead giveaway. To be honest, the Hollywood is almost certainly the better bike.

I don't know your market, but I'd probably buy them, then clean, service, and flip the Schwinn to get my money back.
Okay, thank you for the info!

Latest posts

Back