anyone know the year of this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought maybe the Hot Rodders on the board here could help me out.

I purchased this beauty off e-bay last week and I have searched all over the internet to find the year that this may have been made, or info on the company, with no luck.
The manufacturer is "D I C" (as funny as that is) and there is a company making hard hat protective wear, might be the same company but nothing about motorcycle helmets though.
Any help at all would be great, Thanks, Kenny P.
helmet.jpg

don't know the age/year but BASS BOAT METAL FLAKE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
good score

i can remember plenty of my families helmets bein the "sparkle" type in the 80's none of em had flames but a couple two-tones, none are presently accounted for tho. A local guy that actually repairs boats and messes with gel coats customized his to match his bike. There are still plenty of newer helmets with the "sparkle" jobs, often the more decorative ones are offbrand no names from china without safety ratings or markings for that matter. does the liner show wear or is the foam crumbling ?? probly a good sign yours is an older helmet. Z1R and HJC have a date tag in the top inside, probly cause theyre reminding you to replace your helmet every few years tho. Might want to try some family-owned dealerships, a lot of the ones round here keep scrap books of their bikes and group rides and are probly dated. Im not an expert but I have done a lot of lookin and do like my stylish lids !!! ya need a bubble shield on that bad mambajamma

Mr. P,

One of my best friends in the body shop class back in high school had a BRANDY NEW one he got with his Yamamaha. He was one of the "cool" guys...
That was in... :roll:
Call me.
I'll tell ya! (Ok.. 71.)

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Cert stickers/labels?

I take it that is does not have any DOT or Snell certification stickers or labels inside, kinda under the lining. That's one way to date a helmet.

If not...it's ooooooooooold. Not to be used as a crash protection device :!: 'cept for pixie racing.

Back