Anyone know about this 3 speed cable?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schwinn 10 speeds from the early 90's also had them(got a free one from my LBS from said bike). They are push/pull cables from the shimano 3cc hubs. I also ordered one from Bikeworldusa but that was about 6 years ago so I can't say if they'll carry them anymore. Some people have also said that you can make a standard braided cable work with those hubs(don't know what shifter they used, or anything else though).

sensor said:
Schwinn 10 speeds from the early 90's also had them(got a free one from my LBS from said bike). They are push/pull cables from the shimano 3cc hubs. I also ordered one from Bikeworldusa but that was about 6 years ago so I can't say if they'll carry them anymore. Some people have also said that you can make a standard braided cable work with those hubs(don't know what shifter they used, or anything else though).
Yeah I had several ideas to make it work, but since it's on the wifes bike, I have to keep it simple. Should've seen her face when I started spurtin out stuff like linkages and springs and brackets. :shock: I might just look for another one for her and keep this one for another build. Right now I have it hooked up near the neck stem, but she gets scared to let go of the handles. I want her to keep riding so I have to make it as stress free as possible.

I hear you. Thats what I need one for also. If I can get her to part with the wheels she's had longer than we've been married I'll try to get the cable to you. I do happen to have a few spare nexus 3's and a bunch of rims. I'll skirt the subject this weekend. She wouldn't go for a 2 speed kickback but maybe for a if it's 3 for 3 she might...... :wink:

sensor said:
I hear you. Thats what I need one for also. If I can get her to part with the wheels she's had longer than we've been married I'll try to get the cable to you. I do happen to have a few spare nexus 3's and a bunch of rims. I'll skirt the subject this weekend. She wouldn't go for a 2 speed kickback but maybe for a if it's 3 for 3 she might...... :wink:
Well I was thinking about getting her a nexus 3 or something along those lines too. I just think this is a pretty cool hub and would look even better modified with some linkage and suicide shifter. I might get her one and keep this one for me. If you're wanting to part ways with one of yours let me know.

Roly,...

Latest posts

Back