Anyone here drive forklift as a job?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a job after two years of not being able to find anything in a warehouse doing fork lifting after almost ten years of not having done this type of work. Can someone please explain to me how to fill a forklifts propane tank step by step please? This would help me out a great deal. Thanks in advance.

I used to drive fork truck for a puzzle factory. We had a spare tank cage full of filled tanks and would swap them out when they were empty then someone else filled them. Pretty simple really close valve, undo hose, undo holding straps, remove tank, take empty tank and swap it for full one, then repeat process in reverse. If you actually have to fill the tank yourself I don't know but I'm sure they will give you a quick refresher if you ask. Just tell them it's been a while and you want to make sure you are doing it the way they want it done. I'm sure they will be glad to refresh your memory.

We used to sneak up on the new guys and shut off the valve and then sit back and watch their consternation as they cranked and cranked on that starter...

In hindsight that probably wasn't an OSHA approved activity... :mrgreen:

Yeah I used to actually fill propane tanks when I worked at U-Haul.You develop a keen eye for clowns with lit cigarettes in the area. Not something you could just give a quick rundown on. Like OutskirtsCustoms said, most businesses just swap one for one. Joe forklift driver doesn't normally actually refill a propane tank. Watch for people turning your propane nozzle down when you pass them.

Latest posts

Back