Anyone else seen these tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at new folding bikes on a website and saw these tires and thought they would be great for the project I'm working on. However I don't even know where to start looking for them...
Bicycle2.jpg

Bicycle3.jpg

The article I found these on was an article on folding bikes... it was interesting in itself...

http://lovecoolest.com/folding-bicycle.html

I would say the tires are one offs. The bike you posted as well as some of the others look to me to be some type of designer bikes probably for a high end design or art show. Maybe even some type of show for future prototypes. I could be wrong though. I'm basing my opinion on the fact that their is no info on the bikes or their builders, let alone a company website or address.

One thing is for sure ... those tires are about the only thing that bike has going for it! :lol: Butt ugly doesn't even begin to describe the design!

To me it looks like a tire that I'd read about for cars. It's a new technology that does away with tubes and such altogether. It rides on "fins" that attach the rim to the tread of the tire. These fins are supposedly incredibly tough and can withstand quite a beating. I was hoping that the idea had moved on to bikes because to me it just makes sense.
It could be a CAD drawing or at best a prototype but either way I'd love to have those tires. I agree the bike is ugly. It looks like a sculpture gone wrong! Some of the other designs on the link look better but not by much :lol:
I was hoping that anyone who looked at the link might draw some inspiration of some sort and I was really hoping someone had come across those tires elsewhere even if only in a "wave of the future" type article.

I'll send a link to my buddy that does serious CAD, he will pick it apart just from the shadow and lighting effects.. if you do a lot of it, you can spot a rendering in seconds. I am no CAD expert, but I look at a crap load of computer generated images in my work, I'd bet money that one is.

I just noticed the two that clearly got prototyped have valve stems in the real life photos, the renderings of them do not, and I dont suppose you'd add them to a drawing, just for cleanliness sake... :roll:

About the closest I'd think of is take some stingray tires and paint them. Maybe that vinyl paint for cars would work for tires? :idea: :?: :idea:

Back