Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been hanging on a hook for about 15 years. This build off might inspire me to get off my rump and do something with it. I have no idea what it might be. I have most of the pieces I need so I am running out of excuses. Now I have 2 weeks to figure it out and dig out the parts.View attachment 262585
Monark, and it looks pretty good.
Maybe it is one of these:
1713254124830.jpeg

I would like to build one of my frames up, the problem is how many weekends I will get to work on it as we need to rebuild the front floor of our house as well as make a start on fixing the kitchen up.

I have 2 step-thru frames that I would like use sometime, one a nice Amsterdam frame and the other a cheap but rare Romet.

I made a serendipitous rendezvous with the seller of my build off bike this morning. He lives 4 hours away, but was down for the weekend visiting inlaws in the city. So all I had was a 25 min drive across town.

And, oh my! This is gonna be fun! :inlove:

View attachment 262468
"Serendipitous Rendezvous" is a great name for a bike, OJ!

ORBO was my first and now I think I'm definitely IN for this next RRBBO. No Idea what to use.

Backup plan*: I have a mid-80s lugged MTB frame and unicrown fork but that's kind of boring, but is a fine Traditional Class fallback.

Main Plan*: My neighbor has a junker generic swoopy cruiser frame and fork as yard art but I think it could be available if I ask. Would also be Traditional Class.

Ambitions Plan*: And then I get this wild idea that I should sell a bike or two at the upcoming swap meet in my town, and fund a welder and try my hand at something in the Unlimited class. I've always loved the board tracker look, whether original or more chopper-y.
1713377370375.png

1713377420872.png

1713377499603.png

*None of these plans will end up what I actually build, if there's one thing I discovered from the first build off, it's that as I gather parts and get ideas, the bike always evolves and changes.

@jimmythefly , glad to hear you got 'hooked' after your first Build Off! That happened to me after my first, and I will be doing my 10th RRB Annual BO this year,with many other MBBO, ORBO, SWBO, and challenges since in the books!

RaT oN~!

I plan on building up the Evans Colson Olympic I picked up a few years ago. It hasn't moved since it came into my yard and it's now sufficiently crusty and seized up for the challenge. Just some new wheels, a little grease, nothing too fancy😜
IMG_20221220_133051714.jpg

I've also got some plans for an out of the world class two build that ***SHOULD*** be more manageable and lighter than last year's build, which I've finally taken to calling "The Beast"
IMG_20240408_181539746.jpg

I plan on building up the Evans Colson Olympic I picked up a few years ago. It hasn't moved since it came into my yard and it's now sufficiently crusty and seized up for the challenge. Just some new wheels, a little grease, nothing too fancy😜View attachment 262660
I've also got some plans for an out of the world class two build that ***SHOULD*** be more manageable and lighter than last year's build, which I've finally taken to calling "The Beast"
View attachment 262661
My first bike was a 24" Evans, with a big rear rack like that. I would pedal while 2 more could fit on the rack. The rear axle snapped in 1966 and that was it.

Latest posts

Back