Anybody ever use these?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ulbts2-1.jpg

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/ ... ion-chains

I don't ride when those would be needed, I'm sitting in front of the fireplace! :lol: :lol: They are pretty cool though. I bet Skipton could use a set! :mrgreen:

I have studded tires and they work good on ice. The weight difference is pretty noticeable, I bet those would too.

pick said:
I don't ride when those would be needed, I'm sitting in front of the fireplace! :lol: :lol: They are pretty cool though. I bet Skipton could use a set! :mrgreen:

Maybe. He might end up with some more fender "issues". :mrgreen:

lets all pitch in and get skipton a set !!! i seen some ofhis snow riding pics he would use them for sure!!!!

I have a pair, but not much use for them in southern California.....
tirechains.jpg

Those reminded me of a story my dad told me. When he was a kid,he had an idea to make a "snowcycle". He got a ski and put it on the front of his bike,and he didn't know what to do with the back so he got a hard rubber tire and screwed bottle caps into it! :lol:

Yes, I used those back in the 50's on my paper route bike in the winter snow. I did not like them because they would not stay centered over the tire tread.I would have to stop and and slide them back up and away from the rim. The bike was a Royce Union, 26 x 1 3/8, SA 3 speed,with hand (rim ) brakes. We called them English Racers, but as Sheldon Brown said, that was the wrong name for them. The tire chains were different sizes, for different tires, but you still had to remove some sections of links to get a tight fit.

Back