Any Idea What These Are?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Just looking for a little help to see what I have and if they hold any value for restoring / parting out

1. I think this first bike is a Firestone Pilot - at least that's what the head badge says. Looks to have been repainted, but still a cool bike with some potential. With new tires this should be in riding condition. Any idea on year or value for this one?

2. No idea what this second bike is... obviously rusty and been repainted at some point. The original paint may have been blue in color, from what I can see. Any thoughts on this one? Is it worth holding on to or just to rusty? I thought about just keeping the frame for a build, but open to any thoughts / opinions.

Thanks for the help! I bought both bikes for $80 total, so I'm not invested too much into them. I brought them home, snapped a few pics, and have yet to look for serial numbers.

photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Black Monark. By the way, awesome build on the 1935 "silver beauty" very well done!

Anyone else have any input on value for the second bike? I do believe it's a Schwinn per answer above and further examination of bike. Just trying to figure out if I should scrap it for parts and use the frame for a build or try to sell it as is? If I could get $50+ I'd likely just try to sell it. I have too many bike projects already : )

Thanks Black Monark. By the way, awesome build on the 1935 "silver beauty" very well done!

Anyone else have any input on value for the second bike? I do believe it's a Schwinn per answer above and further examination of bike. Just trying to figure out if I should scrap it for parts and use the frame for a build or try to sell it as is? If I could get $50+ I'd likely just try to sell it. I have too many bike projects already : )

$50? Your selling yourself short. Part it out. Put the seat for sale in the for sale section of the forum. Ask $50. I think you'll get it. Frame...$75-$100, chain ring...$20, chainguard...$30. Want me to keep going? If you sell it whole, ask at least $150. Gary

And I'm interested in the chainring on the Schwinn.

$50? Your selling yourself short. Part it out. Put the seat for sale in the for sale section of the forum. Ask $50. I think you'll get it. Frame...$75-$100, chain ring...$20, chainguard...$30. Want me to keep going? If you sell it whole, ask at least $150. Gary

B607 is giving you some good advice...lot more money on the table than 50 bucks

the schwinn is worth around 250... in parts probably 350, the dayton is worth about 300 and 375 in parts. If you part out the dayton I would like to but the chain ring and sprocket.

Nick.

Back