any auto mechanics?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tonight the headlights on my 95 dodge ram quit working high and low beam quit. all the rest of the lights work and the factory fog lights work yet but before they quit the fog lights only worked on low beam and now they stay on unless i shut them off. my question would be do you think its the multifuction (turnsignal/dimmer) switch or the headlight switch or even in the foglight switch its self?
I hate to just tossin parts at it to see what fixes it

my 90 did the the same thing (doesnt have fogs tho and its different body style with sealed beams), bad ground from the lamp wiring.

seen this on Dodges before it was the headlamp controller mounted under the hood on the left fender well but you have to take a diagnostic approach to make sure Start by testing the fuses first then I pull up the wireing diaghram and trace power and grounds then on to the switch
I do replace quite a few combo switches but the problem you are describing sounds like the controller...does it have the daytime running lights ? When all else fails talk to one of the shops you sell parts to....I know I hook up my parts guys with repairs quite a bit and they in turn
give me a break on parts I buy.

hope that helps

Mark

get an old car with an 8 wire wireing harness? lol i love the ranchero i think it has 10 and i still get confused.

Back