Another Rustbucket !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dragged home another winter project / parts bike today. I couldn't resist the cool front sprocket, and he threw in the rest of the bike for the same 20 dollar bill !

Can anyone tell me the year it was made ? And can anyone tell me if the faded design on the front fender was original, or some kids add on ? Thank You ! PJB.

That's a cool bike. I picked (most of) one up this summer. I had always thought that front sprocket was awesome. I did a little digging regarding my serial numbers but never got very far.

From looking at the catalog reprint pages, Sears started importing 3 speeds in 1953 and were still doing so in 1965, and it looks like there were models with the JC Higgins cut out chain ring available each year. The bikes depicted are artist renditions, so I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I am guessing they are close. If your bike is equipped with a Sturmey Archer rear hub, it should be stamped with the year of manufacture.

Back