Another Phx area memeber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Brian and I have been lurking around for a couple of months. I'll have to say that at first I was turned of by the name of the website, coming from the world of traditional Hot Rods and kustom cars an all. We mostly use the term to describe a car that's poorly designed or built very badly. Looking around here I can only find very creative and cool bikes so I guess what's in a name anyway. Lots of very talented builders and knowledgeable people here. I live in Tempe where cruiser style bikes and choppers are pretty big, mostly store bought jobs but also a good amount of customs. I've been building for 5 or 6 years and will make a big post in the gallery of all the pics of my stuff I can find. I sell a bunch on Craig's List and by word of mouth. My friend Rick from Mesa tipped me off to this site. There is also another guy on here that I met over at Larry's Custom Bikes. Seems like a cool bike community here and I will try to help add whatever info I know here and there. Go check out my pics in the gallery.
-Brian-

txwayno said:
A true "Rat Rod" has superb craftsmanship and state of the art parts UNDER the skin. A car that's poorly designed or built very badly is a "Junk Rod"

And I couldn't have sid it any better myself..

welcome to the site my Friend..
you'll have Fun here for sure..

peace,
Kev.

lots of peoples from arizona area here. i live in north phoenix.

let me know if you happen upon a prewar frame or project .

blackchop1 said:

I usually horde the pre-war stuff for myself, I am mostly interested in off-brand muscle bikes and pre-wars. You should check out Larry's Custom Bikes in Mesa. He has pre-war stuff.

Tempe-Terror said:
blackchop1 said:

I usually horde the pre-war stuff for myself, I am mostly interested in off-brand muscle bikes and pre-wars. You should check out Larry's Custom Bikes in Mesa. He has pre-war stuff.

guess i will have to do that.

Though I bring nothing to the table...

I'm in Tempe too. I know there are 2 guys from Chandler. I am new to the scene, just moved up here, but I have gone on some pub peddles and had a really good time, you guys should join. :p

Clothespin "n" said:
Is that a Henry Rollands Skull Avitar?

very cool,
Kev.

No, I made it from a funny picture of me when I had my hair all combed and a smirk on my face. I made the image to use as a head badge on some of my bikes.

blackchop1, Larry's phone number is 480-228-9305 he is out in east Mesa. I can't seem to find one of his cards to give you the address but he can tell you how to get there. He is an old timer and is pretty cool, he will give you a straight deal on some stuff.

I'm in Tempe too. I know there are 2 guys from Chandler. I am new to the scene, just moved up here, but I have gone on some pub peddles and had a really good time, you guys should join.

I went on some of those pub crawls back a few years ago, it would be fun to do them again. Drop me a p.m. when they come up.

Re: larrys

DISTURBIO GO said:
8150 East Butte
Mesa AZ 85???

correct. theres only two times you shouldnt go over there:

1. when hes feeling under the weather. always call first, remember hes probably in his 70s/80s

2. when there is a NASCAR race on tv. he closes up during those.

also, be prepared for the most drawn-out texas drawl youre likely to hear in arizona.

he is a very good guy to get in good with around here in phx. even if you cant afford one of the complete bikes, he sells frames and has a bunch of straightbars in the back- IF he lets you back there, it took me a few visits to earn that privledge. im actually going there tomorrow to pick up an old-school front rack for my road bike.

-dont quote me, but i believe i heard him say something about a swing bike...

Welcome!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: larrys

nugenhipsta said:
DISTURBIO GO said:
8150 East Butte
Mesa AZ 85???

correct. theres only two times you shouldnt go over there:

1. when hes feeling under the weather. always call first, remember hes probably in his 70s/80s

2. when there is a NASCAR race on tv. he closes up during those.

also, be prepared for the most drawn-out texas drawl youre likely to hear in arizona.

he is a very good guy to get in good with around here in phx. even if you cant afford one of the complete bikes, he sells frames and has a bunch of straightbars in the back- IF he lets you back there, it took me a few visits to earn that privledge. im actually going there tomorrow to pick up an old-school front rack for my road bike.

-dont quote me, but i believe i heard him say something about a swing bike...

Yeah that's Larry alright. I actually have the Swing Bike in question. I am painting it and rebuilding it for him to sell.

Most excellent to see you here Brian, glad I could be the one to turn you on to this forum. You definately have a lot to contribute ! Later & PEACE!!!! :mrgreen:

Hey guys, over on the FreakBike Nation forum is Greenblazer, who is trying to put together some rides around the Phoenix area, as well as get new members for his FreakBike chapter. Check him out here:

http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/index ... 159841428a

Welcome to the board! Now I got to go check out your bike!
Chainsaw

Latest posts

Back