Another new guy from Southern Illinois

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes another Southern Illinois-er. There seems to be quite a few of us here. My name is Paul and I live in the little town of Crossville. One of those don't blink as you drive through towns or you will miss it. Been reading this forum for some months but never got motivated to post until now.

This year I got interested in bicycles for the first time in many years. At first mainly as a means to get some exercise to help deal with chronic health problems. Sort of evolved over the months to using my bikes for in town trips to the post office, bank, hardware store.... instead of driving. Then I accumulated a few bikes but nothing cool of special. Bought a Huffy Regatta with the Shimano Nexus 3 IGH in July from Walmart while on rollback. Picked up a chromoly framed 1999 Schwinn Searcher with all original components from Craiglist for cheap in August. My first ever Craigslist purchase. Then I got two free bicycles via a Craigslist add from a guy that just wanted them gone. They had been sitting outside and therefore they are a bit crusty but not to bad. One is a mens Huffy Cranbrook, the discontinued blue and white, and the second a womens 26" Roadmaster Mt. Fury. Already resurrected the Cranbrook and plan to customize it some in the future. The Roadmaster I plan to fix over the winter and probably give to someone in need of a bike.

Hello from West Frankfort :) Goin to corn days ? :lol: I was just in Carmi for a family reunion yesterday !

Glad you found the place and Welcome !!!

Thank you. I remember reading quite a few of your posts and noticed you were in West Frankfort. No plans to go to Corn Days. I don't go to festivals anymore. I can't remember the last time I was through West Frankfort. We tend to go Evansville quite a bit because we have family there and because it's the only city of size around here, otherwise Carmi, Grayville, Mt. Carmel.... Once in a great great while I make it down to Marion and Carbondale.

WF is another "dont blink" town but it happens to be on the interstate and the state was kind enough to put an exit ramp here :lol: If you ever need any help look me up and I will try my best :wink:

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I consider West Frankfort bigger than a spot in the road Jeremy, you have over 8000 people in the last census count.:shock: Crossville only has a little over 700. You have has beat and then some. Same with me, if I can help you with anything just let me know.

Back