Another new fatbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Saw this at the LBS yesterday. Sun Crusher.

bike.jpg

Looks way better than the goofy walmart bike,well as good as a goofy fat tire bike can look .lol

I like the look a lot better than the Surly ones, they're also a lot more reasonably priced. These were listed at $429 I believe rather than the $1K or so for the Surly.

Smaller rims and tires than the Walgoose or Pugsley, but I agree that it is cooler styling.
The bigger takeaway from this is another company coming out with a discounted fat bike. Hopefully this means that others will follow and give us even more options to monkey around with.
I heard that Wally plans to come out with a Panama Jack Beast Goose cantilever fat bike cruiser this summer. :mrgreen:

'Panama Jack Beast Goose cantilever fat bike cruiser '... whoo thats a mouthful but sounds interesting. :)

kingfish254 said:
Smaller rims and tires than the Walgoose or Pugsley, but I agree that it is cooler styling.
The bigger takeaway from this is another company coming out with a discounted fat bike. Hopefully this means that others will follow and give us even more options to monkey around with.
I heard that Wally plans to come out with a Panama Jack Beast Goose cantilever fat bike cruiser this summer. :mrgreen:

As long as it has a built in bottle opener

Haven't you heard of the "Bloodworms & Bikes" bike store chain? It's kinda like a low end REI.

ratdaddy said:
I got a reply from Sun bikes. The Crusher is only wide enough for a 3-inch tire. Still a sweet bike.

I agree that the crusher is a wicked bike. Did you see Steve's comparison of 4" Beast tires to 3.4" BOAs?

tiresi.jpg

150430_10151409257633883_1849624178_n_zps025d2a1a.jpg
I just picked up my Crusher 7 this week. Gyes saddle and new crank are the first orders of business. :D

team_green said:
Rat Rod said:
Looks like the Sun bike has wider rims at 80mm than the 3G Jemima wheels at 57mm.

I just measured my wheels the OD is 85mm....

PART_1363575055798.jpg

Now that's how a fat bike should look!

Back