Another mystery bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help me ID this bike?

photo.jpg

Looks like a Schwinn seat.Possibly a Columbia tank or Murray.As far as the frame i'm not sure.Good luck to ya,looks like it's got good potential.
-kreep-

Looks like maybe a HUffy chain guard - don't recognize the chainring though.

ditto on the potential, clean her up and ride...

~ AL

That looks like the same tank that I originally had on BEER RUN.

That is a Ross / CBC (Chain Bike Corp.) frame and fork. I believe it could have been badged in several ways, but regardless of that it is definitely a Ross made bike. The sprocket looks original. I think the guard is an H.P. Snyder made part (thus, it could have originally come from a Firestone as mentioned above; some Firestone badged bikes are Snyder made).

The tank could be correct, I don't really know. I haven't seen enough of these bikes complete or otherwise to know! It does remind me of a Huffy tank I've seen, but I really don't know for sure.

I had the same frame myself before. It's a unique old cruiser frame to be sure. The only downside is that the head tube is wicked long- limits fork options.

Nice find!

Unchained said:
That is a Ross / CBC (Chain Bike Corp.) frame and fork. I believe it could have been badged in several ways, but regardless of that it is definitely a Ross made bike. The sprocket looks original. I think the guard is an H.P. Snyder made part (thus, it could have originally come from a Firestone as mentioned above; some Firestone badged bikes are Snyder made).

The tank could be correct, I don't really know. I haven't seen enough of these bikes complete or otherwise to know! It does remind me of a Huffy tank I've seen, but I really don't know for sure.

I had the same frame myself before. It's a unique old cruiser frame to be sure. The only downside is that the head tube is wicked long- limits fork options.

Nice find!

EDIT: That chain guard is most likely original. I just saw another Ross with the same guard, all O.G.

[quote="Unchained]

EDIT: That chain guard is most likely original. I just saw another Ross with the same guard, all O.G.[/quote]

Yep, it's very close to Snyder/Rollfast and mid 50s Monark guards. I'd guess it's worth $50-75. -Adam

Latest posts

Back