Another Monark possibly Silver King???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked this up and the guy said it is a Monark Silver King. It has the Springer Fork on it, but some of the parts are not familiar.
The Model # is 4106X and the Serial number is 0152013. Here are a few pics

DSCF4131.jpg
mba7.jpg
mba3.jpg
mba4.jpg
DSCF3960.jpg
mba6.jpg
DSCF3960.jpg

Any help on the year and style?? Thanks

Nickinator said:
Monark made non aluminum silverkings in the early 50s along with monark rockets

I learned something new. How about a pic of a non aluminum Silver King? Gary

Finally you guys are giving me some ideas...I thought this one had you stumped :mrgreen: Here's a thought, notice the head light (gonna take it off this weekend) in the pictures and notice that it is mounted on a front hole, but clearly there is a rear hole in the fender. That kinda suggests to me that this originally had a train light on it...but I don't know very much about Monarks...I'm learning.
This is the originial paint. I have done a little paint removal in hidden spots, and it looks like this was originally the color it is now. Also notice the duck tail fenders?? And that rack on the back, with the reflector on it...and the other reflector on the read fender??This bike has offered me more questions than I expected when I bought it. Certain it is a Monark based on the headbadge, but not certain about what it is. Any serial number gurus out there?? That might be the determining factor....it is either you guys...or the NBHAA..

It's a 1946, and I believe it's called the 'Roadster' model. I have a ladies' version, same color even! They didn't have the deep fenders, cheese grater rack, tombstone replector/bumper, or train light. Also looks like the rims on mine weren't chrome, but cad plated silver. The full name of the company was 'Monark Silver King', so it does show up on many of their badges. In 1955, they replaced the ballooner line with a new middleweight line, with Silver King badging. There were even a few Huffy built Silver Kings, made after the 1957 buyout of Monark. -Adam

Thanks again Adam...I[m getting closer to solving the birth date and place of this bike. I really appreciate the feedback.
Steve

Latest posts

Back