Another Kabuki fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saw Family truxter fixie so I thougth I would show mine. Mine was given to me by a customer and it is really a low end bike, since I have wanted to build a fixie I stripped it frome this;
CIMG0117.jpg

cleaned lubed and adjusted every thing and added new stem and bars, and a single speed frewheel, now I have this;
CIMG0157002.jpg

CIMG0156002.jpg

I have to add brakes but am thinking about putting better components on and keeping it. was also thinking of red wall tires too

nice bike. keep us posted on anyother changes.

Outlaw

Sweet bike. I really didn't even know of a Kabuki until mine came along. I actually had a Schwinn Varsity on my wish list. What kind of cranks are you running on yours?

The crank that is on it now is an SR Apex,a steel crank. This is really an entry level bike, cheap hubs steel rims, steel handlebars cheap seatpost. My parents had a bike shop and one of the brand they sold was Kabuki, normally better bikes, I have their best bike they made a 'Diamond Formula' nicer components. The only problem is the frame is way to big for me. The stainless models were very unique, just heavy, but it will make a sweet fixie. I hope you post pix when you finish.

Yeah, it's kind of on the back burner. I will still be stripping it slowly and painting it. I have another bike and Kent Co-Pilot I am working on. Me and my family are going on vacation to Florida in July and I have to get them together and rideable before then. On my Kabuki I want to go with a set of Weinmann wheels, with a machined front wheel just in case and I've been looking at Pake cranks the rest will be just cleaned up.

Back