Another Iowa Guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been chatting it up in the Gallery forum, so I thought I better post an official intro.

My name's Mark and I live in Iowa City, Iowa. My bike obsession started in the late 80's with the BMX craze, as I was their core demographic. I got sidetracked for a a few years by skateboards but got back into bikes when the lowrider bike craze hit in the early nineties. After turning quite a few nice Stingrays into completely useless art pieces, I moved on to lowrider cars when I got my drivers license. I did the car thing for a while, then moved to the vintage scooter thing, and in the last few years rekindled my bike obsession. The only difference is now I build bikes that are useful and I actually ride them. Besides bikes, I skateboard, ride scooters, play in a punk band, and fix houses. I luckily have a very patient and cool girlfriend who shares my bike passion (to a slightly lesser extent.)

If anyone uses MySpace, my profile is at: http://www.myspace.com/xxxmarkxxx

Welcome aboard! They still have Punk Rock? Just kidding - I spent 16 years mixing Rock Bands in upatate New York. Seems if you are bit with the bike bug you always come back to it - plus I have more money to spend now which equals better toys - I mean bikes. Have fun and what do we like best? PICTURES!

Road Master said:
Welcome aboard! They still have Punk Rock? Just kidding - I spent 16 years mixing Rock Bands in upatate New York. Seems if you are bit with the bike bug you always come back to it - plus I have more money to spend now which equals better toys - I mean bikes. Have fun and what do we like best? PICTURES!
Haha, yep, punk is alive and well in the Midwest at least. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Thanks, it's mutual!

I got the Schwinn hybrid all tuned up and shifting great for my step-daughter. That Scrambler was rough though! The handlebars are tweaked really bad and the top tube pad was hiding an amateur weld that circled the whole way around the tube. Someone was rough on bikes to break a Scrambler top tube in half. But I love the bike anyway and all it's natural character. I'll probably put it back together and ride it as-is if I can keep my step-son off it long enough!

good on the hybrid sorry about the scrambler I hadnt even looked at it where you saw it was as far as it made it from my truck lol oh well the mags will look cool on another frame someday oh that odd bmx bike i was to go look at later that day was actually a hard tire 12" thing haha lawn art!
SU1HMDIwMTUuanBn.jpg

we need to get together some night and have a ride around Iowa City on vintage bikes. get lots lined up Ed Kevin you and more! just a cruise with a couple beers maybe some music after it cools down some too!

I have a bike like that buried somewhere! It might not be identical, but it's really similar. Mine's a Western Flyer and it's blue. I got it at Sharpless for a dollar in the 90s for a lowrider project that never happened. I love the handlebar/fork combo!

Back