Another Electra Amsterdam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually picked this one up a few weeks ago, but it was missing the chainguard. I was able to order a new chainguard and finally got it together and cleaned up yesterday. This is my 3rd amsterdam (though I sold 1 a while ago). I have a problem...

amsterdam_zpscd9e847b.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
The geometry on that frame is really raked back, looks super comfy to ride...

Totally. I'd like to see behind the chainguard, to see how the BB is positioned in that rake. It looks to be forward of the seat tube.

Electra patented their 'Pedal Forward' technology that puts the BB a few inches in front of the seat tube. This stretches out the frame and lets the rider sit lower and still have full leg extension. The result is extreme comfort. The raked seat tube is their patented 'Flatfoot' technology that allows riders to have both feet completely flat on the ground when at a standstill but riders still get full leg extension when pedaling. Pedal Forward and Flatfoot have been standard on all Electra cruisers, Townies, and Amsterdams since around 2005. I only buy Electras with both technologies and they are definitely the most comfortable and preferred bikes in my fleet.

well I have not been able to have both feet flat on the ground while I pedal .. but I am working on it

Henry morgan said:
well I have not been able to have both feet flat on the ground while I pedal .. but I am working on it

Hehehe, good luck on that one!

subadrew said:
I've been trying to find a ladies version for the GF, but haven't had any luck yet. It's her favorite bike to ride as well, but she wants the ladies frame.

My wife was always a drop bar fan but she really took to the men's Amsterdam.

Good luck, Rg

Back