Another batch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PA240215.jpg

Some more Craigslist fodder. Two Cruisers, a three speed and a little BMX. The pink cruiser had brand new tires on it with heavy duty wheels and I got the BMX for the plastic MAG style coaster wheel set.

Not seen in the above picture are these.
PA250216.jpg

cool little AMF muscle bike.

PA250217.jpg

PA250220.jpg

One of the more interesting cantilever frames from the 60's. Has a slight bend in the forks that I need to fix. I think I'm gunna keep it around as my beer fetcher.

Rat Rod said:
Wow...that was a serious jackpot! :D

It's also a serious distraction from the swing bike project and my build off bike. Hopefully they will be sold by the weekend and I can get down to business. :p

I've seen a Huffy Corvair before, but never a Monza GT. The Corvair is just like your bike, but w/a slim plastic tank, I think w/dual headlights in front. There's allegedly also a Huffy Avanti from this period, but I've never seen one. Funny that these bikes were named for doomed (if cool) cars of the '60's, but Corvette & Jaguar were already taken. Those old Huffy frames w/the little chrome plastic bullets in front are sweet--my folks have an old tandem like that & I had a Huffy Rail. I say keep it.

happen to have a cool small size schwinn style - girls bike around there?

need one this month for my 5 year old girl.

what size is that pink bicycle with the basket on it?

something like that is what shes wanting.

( and is that a 64 or so comet wagon i see there? )

blackchop1 said:
happen to have a cool small size schwinn style - girls bike around there?

need one this month for my 5 year old girl.

what size is that pink bicycle with the basket on it?

something like that is what shes wanting.

i dont mean to hijack the thread, but i have a girls 20 inch centurion muscle bike that needs a few things- seat, stem, but comes with wheels and cool chrome shorty fenders. pm me if you want to see pics...

wow this thread came back to life. blackchop1 are you looking for a bike to build or looking for something already built? The pink one in the picture is a full size 26 incher. If you are looking to build I may be able to help you with most of the parts you will need. For those of you wonderin about the wagon, it's a '63 two door Comet one of 623 built that year. Sorry nugen, I'm going to hang on to the mags.

comet wagon rules!

i found a 64 locally. but seller not responding :-(

looking for a bike thats mostly complete if not totally - gotta get it prettied up for my kid for christmas present. she outgrew her present bike .

I've never seen a 2 door Comet wagon, but I have seen an Edsel 2 dr wagon...as a kid, I never thought I'd say it, but I love wagons!

Blackchop, I don't have anything right now, but I can find you a cheap kids bike. Were you looking for a bananna seat style bike, or just a good kids bike? PM me and I'll see if I can help you out.

The wagon is very useful for loading up bikes. My first car was an old Buick full size wagon. I loved that car but I blew the engine up on HWY 666(now renamed 191) driving from Tucson to Safford. A few years later I found this little Comet to fill the wagon shaped hole in my life. I got it for 500 bucks and built a new engine for it. I still have tons of stuff to do but it's getting better slowly.

Love the Huffy Good Vibrations. Any ideas what you'll do with it? I just picked one up too but not nearly in as good a condition. Love that Arizona style lack of rust :D

Sold the Good Vibs and all the other bikes on the rack on Craigslist. I usually try to buy, fix up and sell 3 to 5 bikes a week. I'm going to Italy next summer to visit some friends and I am hoping to pay for most of the trip with bike money. Should be a fun experiment anyway.

Latest posts

Back