ann arbor show find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
late40sroadmater001.jpg
Gotta love this patina!

late40sroadmater013.jpg
One more shot. This late 40's roadmaster was only missing one part that I didn't have laying around, the carrier mounted taillight. Let me know if you have one. Thanks!

As a big fan of CWC goodies I say congrats on that. She may be a little crusty but it looks like it is pretty well intact. I have only been back in the bike biz for a year and am still looking for a Roadmaster all in one piece. You give me hope - thanks.

Your bike could have been produced anywhere between mid 1940 and early 1942. Just looking at a few specifics I would guess the bike is mid to late 1941 and the serial number starts with a K?

I thought this chainguard came latter than that. Do you know if the parts are correct? It is not a 1" pitch chain.

The bike is completely correct. That chain guard was first shown in the 1941 catalog. The prewar version is the only one that wraps around the sprocket and connects via the axle nut. The main stamping was also offered postwar both two sided and with an open back. The attachments for the postwar guards are different and the postwar version is shorter, ending in front of the rear sprocket. 1/2" x 3/16" (Heavy Half) sprockets were also first shown on mid-line and deluxe models in the 1941 catalog. The same sprocket was also made as a 1" pitch sprocket and was only available in 1" configuration after the war! Rare chain guard, Rare sprocket, very nice bike!

Latest posts

Back