.....And then the stress was gone.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I finally got the faithfull Toyota (pre Prius ) back on the road I had a buddy do the clutch ,since I hate crawling underneath cars anymore, and $200 the price was right. So he tells me it needs a hub bearing, and I figure I have a little time since it wasn't making any noise, a day later it starts making this awful grinding noise, I am thinking great I hope the wheel stays on before I get home. It did , so I got the hub bearing and hub off the bay for like $35 and got it all pressed in , put it back together and its STILL grinding . So I crawled around to see if I can see any noticeable rubbing anywhere ,none, so comes the taredown and on the inside of the rotor is grinding against a bolt holding the caliper to the strut, It turns out one of the bolts got mixed up from the clutch job. I could be mad, but mistakes happen, I could have mixed up the bolts myself if I would have changed the clutch (I doubt it, as it had different sized heads) but its fixed and I am getting 36 mpg instead of 15 from the 72 Monte Carlo, and I have a/c again :D

in this economy, montes are for cruising, and toyotas are for laughing at. :p :lol: glad you got your car trouble sorted out.

Gold Street Customs said:
Yeah no complaints, especially front wheel drive :shock:
ahhh ya i wouldnt know where to begin! lol i dont think i will ever own a car with front wheel drive unless if its a 30's cord/auburn .... i wont even own a car with a computer if i can help it think im scared of them hahaha

HotRodJen said:
Gold Street Customs said:
Yeah no complaints, especially front wheel drive :shock:
ahhh ya i wouldnt know where to begin! lol i dont think i will ever own a car with front wheel drive unless if its a 30's cord/auburn .... i wont even own a car with a computer if i can help it think im scared of them hahaha
Your Nova needs an Edelbrock 'puter and an LT-1. :mrgreen:

Back